Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reservation now has a referral link, neat.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I logged into the My Tesla account this evening to see if anything has changed, and discovered that it's been updated with a referral link for me to give out. I am not yet an owner - just a first day Model 3 reservation holder.

There is a tab for Model S and X, and one for solar. (Same link for both.) Does Tesla have other solar panel products besides the solar roof? I might have some family that could use this but none of them are building a house or in need of a new roof.

Technically I guess I'm a Tesla solar customer as I have a contract with SolarCity, but I haven't yet noticed any integration with Tesla for my SolarCity account.

I logged into the My Tesla account this evening to see if anything has changed, and discovered that it's been updated with a referral link for me to give out. I am not yet an owner - just a first day Model 3 reservation holder.

Technically I guess I'm a Tesla solar customer as I have a contract with SolarCity, but I haven't yet noticed any integration with Tesla for my SolarCity account.

Tesla recently expanded their referral program to include cross-referrals between Solar City and Model S/X, so the reason why you now have a referral link is because of your Solar City account, rather than your Model 3 reservation.

Tesla recently expanded their referral program to include cross-referrals between Solar City and Model S/X, so the reason why you now have a referral link is because of your Solar City account, rather than your Model 3 reservation.

I thought that might be the case, but there is no outward indication that they are linked at all. No notification of a consolidation, and the SolarCity account and billing has not changed in any way.

There is a tab for Model S and X, and one for solar. (Same link for both.) Does Tesla have other solar panel products besides the solar roof? I might have some family that could use this but none of them are building a house or in need of a new roof.

I don't have a referral code yet :(