TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Reservation now has a referral link, neat.

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by ProphetM, Sep 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ProphetM

ProphetM Member

I logged into the My Tesla account this evening to see if anything has changed, and discovered that it's been updated with a referral link for me to give out. I am not yet an owner - just a first day Model 3 reservation holder.

There is a tab for Model S and X, and one for solar. (Same link for both.) Does Tesla have other solar panel products besides the solar roof? I might have some family that could use this but none of them are building a house or in need of a new roof.

Technically I guess I'm a Tesla solar customer as I have a contract with SolarCity, but I haven't yet noticed any integration with Tesla for my SolarCity account.

2. LoL Rick

LoL Rick Like Buttah

Yes they sell traditional panels as well as the roof. And Powerwall 2.

3. Bokonon

Bokonon Title-customizing Member

Tesla recently expanded their referral program to include cross-referrals between Solar City and Model S/X, so the reason why you now have a referral link is because of your Solar City account, rather than your Model 3 reservation.

• Helpful x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  4. ProphetM

ProphetM Member

I thought that might be the case, but there is no outward indication that they are linked at all. No notification of a consolidation, and the SolarCity account and billing has not changed in any way.

5. BioSehnsucht

BioSehnsucht Member

I was all excited for a moment that my friend who doesn't want to wait on the 3 could get me a signature wall connector. But not being a TE customer and only a 3 reservation holder, I don't see a referrals link.

6. sneakypotato

sneakypotato Member

I don't have a referral code yet :(