TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Reservation Number -- parsing / meaning?

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by pecan314, Feb 7, 2016.

1. pecan314

pecan314 Member

I've the following reservation number. I'm pretty certain that there are not 4Million people in front of me. Any ideas how to parse it?

RN4098351

2. LeonardD

LeonardD Member

I think the number is pretty meaningless. It likely a randomized number, and it is like an account number. It links your reservation information to you. In the past there were reservation sequence numbers too, but those are no longer relevant, and there is no point in issuing them any longer, because production has begun. In short it is a number assigned to you, but it is meaningless. My RN number is 6 digits.

3. elguapo

elguapo Member

Agreed. It also used to be possible to look up your actual reservation sequence number in the HTML code, line 255. Not sure if that works any longer, but it's not meaningful anymore, as LeonardD said. What matters right now is when you confirmed and the type of configuration you have. These factors seem to be driving timing.

4. ModelX

ModelX Member

Your RN number is not a vin or sequence it is between you and tesla-you should probably remove it

5. SMSMD

SMSMD Member

It is your reference to TESLA...Remove it ASAP ..as anyone can use it impersonating you...not safe.

6. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

So let's all Quote it in our reply's so it's there forever! ;-)

7. SMSMD

SMSMD Member

Thanks for picking it out @goneskiian. Was not thinking when I replied with quote.Very stupid of me. I apologize to @pecan314. I request the moderator to delete my reply with the quote. Tried to edit it but could not .

8. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

You're welcome. No worries though as it doesn't seem like the OP cares much. Unless they missed the editing window too. ;-)