Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reservation number

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It sure seems like those reservation numbers cover all Tesla models, not just the CT. So if you're within 1,200 of the first CT reservation, that doesn't mean that all the numbers between 112744250 and you are CT orders. I'm basing this on the fact that my MY reservation last year started with RN11378 and my CT reservation is way up at RN11465.

Reactions: Whitebeard
It sure seems like those reservation numbers cover all Tesla models, not just the CT. So if you're within 1,200 of the first CT reservation, that doesn't mean that all the numbers between 112744250 and you are CT orders. I'm basing this on the fact that my MY reservation last year started with RN11378 and my CT reservation is way up at RN11465.

This. You are exactly right and there is no line or reservation order of precedence. There is only what is ever best for Tesla and if that happens to line up with your parameters (Location/Location/Location, Build, Price, .... big distance taken up by bureaucracy/a less than optimal IT paradigm/chaos... then some more distance.... and very distantly last... Previous Buyer, Reservation Number) then you get lucky/validated (if that matters). If not, then you don't and you won't know why.

I've gone on the record plenty: there is no line, there is no order of precedence that is known to anyone outside of Tesla, and there is NO WAY they have this many reservations/NO WAY they do not, in fact, know how many reservations they actually have. And that doesn't even begin to discuss all the multiple orders, punters who will never proceed and get their USD 100 back, and all those many that want to but will just not be able to swing it.

S

Yes! I made my reservation not too long after Elon made his claim of 600,000 or so reservations and when I plugged my number into one of those online trackers, it had me pegged at 1.2 million or so in line. So the idea of the reservation number being based on overall Tesla reservations makes perfect sense to me.

The Cybertruck Owners Club has a nice long-running bit of speculation on the topic.

I made my reservation the morning after the reveal. This is just a bunch of fun speculation, of course, but by the small set of very large assumptions applied there, I might get to take delivery in the Summer of 2022. Will get back to y'all about this in the Summer of 2022!