Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reservation Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a friend with a Model S estimated delivery date on July 2022. SHE MAY NOT WANT IT! Said we could have their reservation/order if they decide she doesn't want it. Seems 50/50 chance, may be fine with just keeping the current car they own.

I didn't ask the price of the car or any details because I think it was ordered far earlier than I did and I can deal with any color exterior/interior. I'm guessing it was 90k reservation.

What do I need to do to take delivery of this car? Can I just take control of their Tesla account? Just ask them to remove the other individuals from the title?

We aren't "buying" the reservation from them

Thanks

Last edited:
I have a friend with a Model S estimated delivery date on July 2022. SHE MAY NOT WANT IT! Said we could have their reservation/order if they decide she doesn't want it. Seems 50/50 chance, may be fine with just keeping the current car they own.

I didn't ask the price of the car or any details because I think it was ordered far earlier than I did and I can deal with any color exterior/interior. I'm guessing it was 90k reservation.

What do I need to do to take delivery of this car? Can I just take control of their Tesla account? Just ask them to remove the other individuals from the title?

We aren't "buying" the reservation from them

Thanks
Anyone?

Ask Tesla. I don't think they will let you just transfer the reservation to a new owner. I've seen this question asked here before, so do some searching and maybe you'll find a more definitive answer.

Taking over someone's Tesla account is a bad idea in any case, especially if they still own a Tesla.

Ask Tesla. I don't think they will let you just transfer the reservation to a new owner. I've seen this question asked here before, so do some searching and maybe you'll find a more definitive answer.

Taking over someone's Tesla account is a bad idea in any case, especially if they still own a Tesla.
They don't own it. Anyhow we know them personally so I'd be able to transfer the S out and give them their account back later.