TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Reservation Question

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by ggies07, Apr 2, 2015.

1. ggies07

ggies07 Active Member

So I'm saving up for the Model 3, but I have a question about the amount you pay when you reserve online. Does that amount go towards the total amount of the car or is it just the cost to reserve a spot? I know it's refundable.

Thanks!

2. JPP

JPP Active Member

All deposits are applied to the cost of the car--will be reflected on the MVPA. You are not being charged for a spot in the queue (...not like the seat licenses major league teams sell).

3. ggies07

ggies07 Active Member

Thanks!

4. ArtInCT

ArtInCT Always Learning

Another variant of this question, regarding a model S.

Lets say I place an order for a configured Model S... Place a deposti but do not confirm it for a few months.... Then TESLA offers a new option.... can I change that configuration to add that option?

5. WillAustin

WillAustin Member

Once you order, there is a deadline when it automatically will confirm (7 days). If you want to add something later, you might move to the back of the line depending on the changes requested.

6. ArtInCT

ArtInCT Always Learning

Thanks Will, I shall have to check with my sales person to fully understand those particulars.

7. llavalle

llavalle Member

Somewhere around Montreal in Quebec, Canada
    Just to add a bit of info.

I you want to get a refund, the refund is issued as a handwritten check :D

I cancelled my Model X Reservation (#247!) after ordering my 85D last October.

8. JPP

JPP Active Member

If you want to make changes to your order after it is confirmed, there is now a $500 change fee, plus any upcharge/downcharge to the pricing on the vehicle/options.