Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reservation timing for dual motor/performance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, suffice to say I'm really kicking myself. I suppose I just misunderstood what I read about losing my place. I mistook it to mean I would be at the back of the line instead of just letting others ahead of me, essentially "holding" my place in line. They must have changed their verbiage in the agreement because I'm pretty sure that's where I read it.

I placed another reservation yesterday. Hopefully not *that* many people will wait for the AWD performance model.

Will they know what price AWD and Performance will be next month?

Will it be in the configurator to chose with no price possibly, and just say estimated January 2018 for AWD (or whenever)
Right now no one knows fro sure. From the meeting Tuesday it sounds like they'll be in the configurator with dates (and possibly prices) but you may not be able to select them. We'll know for sure in a month or so.

Well, suffice to say I'm really kicking myself. I suppose I just misunderstood what I read about losing my place. I mistook it to mean I would be at the back of the line instead of just letting others ahead of me, essentially "holding" my place in line. They must have changed their verbiage in the agreement because I'm pretty sure that's where I read it. .
The agreement hasn't changed, in fact the agreement doesn't mention it one way or the other. Everything that has been posted on it has been pure speculation. Glad you got back in though, the advantage you'll have is that all the initial kinks should be well worked out by the time you get to configure.

Reactions: Siciliano
Do we actually think the first two months worth of cars are going to go to the general public? I wasn't expecting to see a customer vehicle until like September at the earliest.

Side note, if they have already taken orders from Tesla and SpaceX employees and no one has spilled the beans, I am kind of impressed...

Well, suffice to say I'm really kicking myself. I suppose I just misunderstood what I read about losing my place. I mistook it to mean I would be at the back of the line instead of just letting others ahead of me, essentially "holding" my place in line. They must have changed their verbiage in the agreement because I'm pretty sure that's where I read it.

I placed another reservation yesterday. Hopefully not *that* many people will wait for the AWD performance model.

Can't you contact Tesla and let them know of the misunderstanding/mistake? Nothing to lose but time and acceleration of some household cash outflow?