Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reservation trade Model X refresh for Model S refresh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Looking to swap reservations. I currently have a Model X refresh reservation with a "October" delivery estimate. The current build is Black with Black interior and 22'' wheels.

Looking to get into a Model S, Black, Black interior with upgraded 21' wheels.

I am pretty sure we can still change / edit the build specs such as Color, Interior, wheels, etc......

This will only work if you have not completed all of the registration information. In essence you would need to hand over your entire Tesla log in and complete the registration information with the new buyer. You can change the email address, and personal information in the setting portion once logged in....

Anyone interested?

Reactions: Zaker89
Hi All,

Looking to swap reservations. I currently have a Model X refresh reservation with a "October" delivery estimate. The current build is Black with Black interior and 22'' wheels.

Looking to get into a Model S, Black, Black interior with upgraded 21' wheels.

I am pretty sure we can still change / edit the build specs such as Color, Interior, wheels, etc......

This will only work if you have not completed all of the registration information. In essence you would need to hand over your entire Tesla log in and complete the registration information with the new buyer. You can change the email address, and personal information in the setting portion once logged in....

Anyone interested?
You can edit your build at anytime with the right link many of us have used, but you would incur any base cost update changes - if editing the same model. I.e. using --> "tesla.com / teslaaccount / edit-design/RN" (your RN) (your RN and none of those spaces.)

BUT, never heard of anyone changing what you are reserving, the model itself. You are going to need to place a new Model S order and cancel the X order asap if you want to get in line there - and incur/pay the new Model S base price as well.

Not looking to edit my reservation and change vehicle type.

I reserved a refresh model X prior to 10k increase. I changed my mind and would prefer a Model S. I am sure there is someone out there who ordered the Model S who either no longer wants their reservation or had a similar change of heart and wants to get out of their Model S reservation and get into a Model X reservation.

I have a March order model S MSM with cream interior 21”, delivery late October/early November in LA. I can change the info. I already got my first model s in.
When did you order your model x? RN? Mine is RN1150 for my model X and I’m looking for an earlier res.
My model S is RN1151