Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reservation Transfer from close friend

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
I've been digging and wanted tot see if there's any data points on transferring a reservation from my friend to me. They ended up getting their family members Model Y early and offered me their reservation.

I'm trying to find the most seamless way possible. They just recently received a VIN and an SA. Just wanted to see what's the best approach to do this without having to have them pay for the vehicle and then sell to me. I personally have a Model 3 so I have an account already. Are they able to just put my registration and loan information and then I go pick up the vehicle?

I know they will transfer without question to a family member. You could try that route. Say you are brother/sister, brother/sister in law. But they still would not transfer to my account without difficulties (not that they wouldn’t but it just seemed like something was gonna get screwed up) so I left it in my brothers account and we just transferred it to mine after….