Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reservation Transfer Technicalities

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The reservation holder needs to be actively involved up until delivery. In fact they may need to go with you to take delivery (unsure on this).
I've had to transfer reservations twice in the past 18 months and neither time did I go with the transferee to pick up the vehicle. Communication before and after delivery is paramount. Ultimately it boils down to entering the persons info prior to delivery. Some SA's will NOT change it and others don't care. There's a specific customer care team you'd have to email post delivery and they'll transfer the account (requires ID, MVPA, email of new registrant).

[email protected]

Reactions: Hiline and astonius
Question for those that are going through/have gone through a transfer process -

I have a friend in a different state that has a Model 3 order being delivered in the next couple weeks. Their original order was a couple price hikes ago and they are thinking of just cancelling the order.

I have an order in for an identical Model 3 one price hike ago due to deliver in late August.

Any chance Tesla will let us either trade orders or let me take delivery of their order at their price?
If they can change the registration info to show your details, you're g2g.

I've had to transfer reservations twice in the past 18 months and neither time did I go with the transferee to pick up the vehicle. Communication before and after delivery is paramount. Ultimately it boils down to entering the persons info prior to delivery. Some SA's will NOT change it and others don't care. There's a specific customer care team you'd have to email post delivery and they'll transfer the account (requires ID, MVPA, email of new registrant).

[email protected]
Were you able to transfer documents as well or do they stay in the original account?

Also, is there a way to get another SA to change registration info if the first one refuses to?

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Were you able to transfer documents as well or do they stay in the original account?

Also, is there a way to get another SA to change registration info if the first one refuses to?
Everything related to the original reservation will be transferred when you email: [email protected]

I don't have any advice for you about the SA not being cooperative with you on transferring the reservation, technically they don't have to do so.

• Informative
Reactions: Hiline
What are the steps to do a transfer?

I have a MXPlaid order I don't wish to pick up and never filled out the registration because I truthfully forgot about the order and just got a text from Tesla this week to finish setting up my delivery appointment. If I just want to transfer the account to someone else do I need to contact Tesla or can I just give them access to the account and they can put in their own info and buy the car themselves? It doesn't even have my full name on the account just initials.

What are the steps to do a transfer?

I have a MXPlaid order I don't wish to pick up and never filled out the registration because I truthfully forgot about the order and just got a text from Tesla this week to finish setting up my delivery appointment. If I just want to transfer the account to someone else do I need to contact Tesla or can I just give them access to the account and they can put in their own info and buy the car themselves? It doesn't even have my full name on the account just initials.
You literally just need to give your account info to someone else. That person will log in and enter registration info, change configuration, schedule delivery, etc. That's literally it. If you're serious about transferring the reservation, feel free to PM me - I may know someone who is interested.

Hello all,
Looking to transfer my model X Long Range reservation, 7 seater, midnight silver metallic, cream premium, fsd
reservation price is $123.990 + destination and documentation fee ($1200) + order fee ($250)
estimated delivery October 12 - December 21 (2022)

the exact same configuration's current price is $139.990 + destination and documentation fee($1200) +order fee($250) and estimated delivery is till march -june 2023
there is $16k net difference and possible 6-9 months delivery time difference if you order now
i am asking $2500 firm to handover the reservation, so there will be still $13500 net savings for the buyer, don' t have any other Tesla car in the account and no vin assigned yet

only serious replies pm please
Thanks much

You literally just need to give your account info to someone else. That person will log in and enter registration info, change configuration, schedule delivery, etc. That's literally it. If you're serious about transferring the reservation, feel free to PM me - I may know someone who is interested.
Unnecessary and he'll lose access to the account that has a current Tesla on it.

Just enter the info for the transferee and go from there.

• Funny
Hi everyone,

I have a transfer setup with someone for a MY who has not entered any registration or DL information. Edit button still available and obviously no VIN assigned.

They do have a Cybertruck reservation as well associated with their accountthat they’ve said they’d also transfer. I’ve heard conflicting statements on whether this will be an issue going forward with completing the MY transfer. I’d probably be interested in keeping the Cybertruck but not at the expense of messing up the MY transfer.

Any one have any thoughts/experience on this and whether it’ll be a problem going forward?

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I have a transfer setup with someone for a MY who has not entered any registration or DL information. Edit button still available and obviously no VIN assigned.

They do have a Cybertruck reservation as well associated with their accountthat they’ve said they’d also transfer. I’ve heard conflicting statements on whether this will be an issue going forward with completing the MY transfer. I’d probably be interested in keeping the Cybertruck but not at the expense of messing up the MY transfer.

Any one have any thoughts/experience on this and whether it’ll be a problem going forward?

Thanks
well cybertruck is a mere prototype... years away for production... not sure if it can come as problem anywhere.

I’m not taking delivery of my model y anymore

Reservation on my account - I have switched registration details to the new owner

Can he financing the car through my account? Or should he show up with a certified cheque with the full amount? Or get financing elsewhere?

What’s the best way to ensure nothing gets blocked? (Canadá) thank you

following

Reservation on my account - I have switched registration details to the new owner

Can he financing the car through my account? Or should he show up with a certified cheque with the full amount? Or get financing elsewhere?

anyone have an input on this? in a possibly similar situation. Thanks!

In the US the new owner has all the financing options available, including applying for a Tesla loan in the app. Nothing will get blocked. Don't know about Canada though.

Reactions: ooom3
Yes, as long as the seller:

1. is willing to give up their account to you
2. has not entered any info, including DL, registration, and financing
3. and no VIN assigned yet

Another thing. When you do the account/email switch, the buyer's email should not have ever been used with Tesla, otherwise, it won't work.

If you want more help, message me or aka RN Services, LLC. lol
can you PM me? I dont have PM privileges' yet

EDIT: I have insider source tell me Tesla has basically closed most of the loopholes.

SAs can't edit order names/addresses + registration info. You need an order without information filled out.
SAs can't assign an inventory VIN onto an existing (cheaper) order.

I'd be curious if ANYBODY was able to transfer a reservation (change order info) recently.

• Love