Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reservation # vs VIN Disconnect

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

joefee

May 29, 2011
WA
The disconnect of delivery dates, reservation numbers and VIN’s was due to part issues/manufacturing issues (i.e. bad parts, paint scratches, part shortages, etc.) so If your car was one of the “28” or had to be "reworked" you got moved back … if you had options/color/delivery location that was advantageous for batching you got moved up. No car will leave the factory less than Elon’s quality standard. Simple as that IMHO! What say you?

Good theories, both of them. as reservation S915 and watching reservations numbers in the 1000s get delivered far from the factory, I'm thinking I should shoot for the goal of last delivered US Sig :crying:

Although I'll take a car that passes Elon's quality standards in 2 weeks rather than tomorrow, given the choice. I'm pretty sure that Tesla knows that we'd all make that choice and so I wait, while cursing every visit to the gas station.

Maybe my rep moved to CO and joined the "green" movement. That's another theory.

There is a reason for my paperwork theory. I signed my Pre-MVPA and turned it in right after the first Amped event, June 25th. On July 18th, my rep sent me an email saying he needed one more piece of paper initialed. He hadn't told me to initial it when I signed the Pre-MVPA but he said it would not impact the delivery schedule on my car. It was just a little house keeping. I think he was high when he said that.