Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reservations for 2nd production run of camera switch kit now being taken

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We should have quotes for production of the camera switch from a number of vendors this week. Once I have them, I’ll provide information on the price and ordering process. No need now to add your name to my list of those who indicated an interest. To measure serious interest we’ll probably take pre-production deposits. More to come when we have the quotes.

Reactions: ohmman
Just got the quotes. The cost will be about $200 for a production run of 50 units. But first two test units have to be produced for me to test on my car, which is already set up for this. Basically the test will be plug and play — I just unplug my old unit, which is working fine, and plug in the test unit. The test is necessary to determine whether the new parts on the PCB function properly.

If and when the tests prove successful (likely 3-4 weeks) we’ll begin production of 50 units and take deposits (50% with an order, 50% when shipped). We will also need a volunteer to try installation on a Model S with autopilot (that so we can provide specific installation instructions for AP cars). I’ll provide the volunteer with a free PCB and remote, theirs to keep.

Last edited:
We will also need a volunteer to try installation on a Model S with autopilot (that so we can provide specific installation instructions for AP cars). I’ll provide the volunteer with a free PCB and remote, theirs to keep.

I installed my unit on my AP1 P85D. The only difference was the wire color/location for the reverse signal lead. Everything else was the same.

But there are newer cars without that lead (or at least not found) where they had to run the wire to the back hatch. Also, we should look at cars with the facelifted front nose, that will change things quite a bit.

Reactions: JohnnyG