Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reservations Top 900 on the eve of the New York event

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

efusco

Moderator - Model S & X forums
Per Elon's latest letter:

Model S: More than 900 reservations so far

Given the cost advantages, it might not come as a surprise that we've received about 900 reservations for the Model S. The surge of reservations online and at showrooms in California proves without a doubt that there's pent-up demand for a car that doesn't compromise on performance, utility or efficiency.

The Model S does 0-60 mph in 5.6 seconds and will have an electronically limited top speed of 130 mph. A 17-inch touchscreen with in-car 3G connectivity means you can listen to Pandora Radio or consult Google Maps, or check the car's state of charge remotely on your iPhone. The Model S can be recharged from any 120V, 208V or 240V outlet or quick-charged from an external direct current supply in only 45 minutes.

Tesla also is taking reservations for the Model S Signature Edition with a $40,000 reservation fee, which is refundable. Tesla will produce only 2,000 Signature Edition cars, which will be the first built and have unique interior and exterior features. Signature Edition cars will be evenly split between US and European customers.

Might it be something like their server restricting number of emails they send out to certain mailservers for fear of being spamlisted themselves ? Crappy coding in their sendmail routine?
Try asking tesla directly about it.

Cobos

With the publicity from Letterman's show, I would bet the reservations count will double in the next two to three weeks. I'm sooo looking forward to watching it! This will be the first time a car is driven on their set, and I'm sure this one will make a very big impression!

Would be nice to have a Roadster on set by way of introduction.

The Term "Electric Car" still has the golf cart slow dorkmobile image.

First show the audience the Roadster to show what Electric can do, then bring out the Model S.

It will bring the house down.

I am curious too. What's the highest reservation number people have seen so far?

Also, found a post with Model S number P-1156 in owner's forum for model S posted in late August so looks like good progress. I assume the european orders are on top of that.

Dave

Last edited: