TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Reservations Top 900 on the eve of the New York event

Discussion in 'Model S' started by efusco, Apr 27, 2009.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

Per Elon's latest letter:

Model S: More than 900 reservations so far

Given the cost advantages, it might not come as a surprise that we've received about 900 reservations for the Model S. The surge of reservations online and at showrooms in California proves without a doubt that there's pent-up demand for a car that doesn't compromise on performance, utility or efficiency.

The Model S does 0-60 mph in 5.6 seconds and will have an electronically limited top speed of 130 mph. A 17-inch touchscreen with in-car 3G connectivity means you can listen to Pandora Radio or consult Google Maps, or check the car's state of charge remotely on your iPhone. The Model S can be recharged from any 120V, 208V or 240V outlet or quick-charged from an external direct current supply in only 45 minutes.

Tesla also is taking reservations for the Model S Signature Edition with a $40,000 reservation fee, which is refundable. Tesla will produce only 2,000 Signature Edition cars, which will be the first built and have unique interior and exterior features. Signature Edition cars will be evenly split between US and European customers.

2. Palpatine

Palpatine Banned

Was this a new email newsletter? I have signed up for the newsletter about 5 times and I still never get these emails.

3. Cobos

Cobos S60 owner since 2013

This might be a pretty obvious suggestion, but have you checked your spamfilter / spam directory? It might be caught up there somehow?

Cobos

4. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

I get his emails (they don't go to spam) and I didn't get this one nor the one about him being on Letterman.

5. efusco

Some of us get ALL the love! Don't know why everyone isn't getting it, mine came last night. It included an offer to go to the NY event, a blurb about letterman, and the info about the number of reservations.

6. Gunnar

Gunnar Member

I have also registered 3-4 times but never receives anything. No spam either. :confused:

7. Cobos

Cobos S60 owner since 2013

Might it be something like their server restricting number of emails they send out to certain mailservers for fear of being spamlisted themselves ? Crappy coding in their sendmail routine?
    Try asking tesla directly about it.

Cobos

8. ChrisC

ChrisC see signature

I also signed up recently but have yet to receive a single email. I just checked my spam folders (I have two layers of spam protection) and last night's email (send time?) wasn't in either.

9. Iz

Iz EVs are here to stay

Got Elon's eMail and I will be in NYC to see Model S either Thursday or Friday.

900+ reserved so far... Model S reservation numbers will soon surpass Roadster.

10. Kevin Harney

Kevin Harney Active Member

with the number of Roadsters getting delivered and those in a financial crunch canceling orders I bet the numbers are very close to the same right now.

11. efusco

And you have to believe that this 2 day event in NYC will easily push the reservations number over the 1000 mark.

12. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Roadster sold 40 in the first week

Model S sold 500 in the first week

Roadster sold 100 in the first month

Model S has sold 900 in the first month.

(numbers mostly from memory)

13. johnr

johnr Member

With the publicity from Letterman's show, I would bet the reservations count will double in the next two to three weeks. I'm sooo looking forward to watching it! This will be the first time a car is driven on their set, and I'm sure this one will make a very big impression!

14. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Would be nice to have a Roadster on set by way of introduction.

The Term "Electric Car" still has the golf cart slow dorkmobile image.

First show the audience the Roadster to show what Electric can do, then bring out the Model S.

It will bring the house down.

15. Palpatine

Palpatine Banned

I was told today that Tesla is right at or near 1,000 orders for the Model S.

16. efusco

That's a pretty nice little landmark.

17. tdelta1000

tdelta1000 Active Member

What are the latest numbers?

18. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

#18 dsm363, Sep 25, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
    I am curious too. What's the highest reservation number people have seen so far?

Also, found a post with Model S number P-1156 in owner's forum for model S posted in late August so looks like good progress. I assume the european orders are on top of that.

Dave

19. Palpatine

Palpatine Banned

I heard they are around 1,500 total for everything combined. Signature, R series, P series, European, etc.

20. Iz

Iz EVs are here to stay

I just received my sequence number P-1341. They've probably reserved over 2000 Model S already. Took ~ 26 hours to get a sequence #.

Q2 2012 - so far away...:eek: