TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Reserve online or in store

Discussion in 'Model S' started by metafor, Aug 13, 2012.

Tags:
  1. metafor

metafor Member

I'm currently not near a Tesla store but I'd like to reserve a Model S online. I will, however, be traveling and will be near a Tesla store in Palo Alto in a few weeks. Can I still get my picture with the giant check after I reserve it online? :)

2. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

you apparently stand more of a chance of free schwag if you reserve in-store, see this thread

3. DavidM

DavidM P2624, Delivered

Funny. Welcome metafor. Congrats on your first post.
    If you think your $5,000 is a giant check, wait until your car is delivered! That'l be at least 17 more giant checks. :smile:

4. metafor

metafor Member

Ha! Thanks! I think I'll just wait until I drop by a Tesla store in a few weeks then. It sounds like the in-store reservation process is more enjoyable. I wonder if they can offer a test drive when I'm there...

5. Rifleman

Rifleman Now owns 2 Model S's!!!

I reserved in a store, and thought that it was a great process (plus they gave me a Tesla keychain and a hotwheels roadster) As far as a test drive, from what I hear, the stores will start getting cars for test drives in September, so I would not help my breath on driving one, but you can always hope :)

6. nrcooled

nrcooled P#8946 VIN 03225

Just as an FYI - When you reserve in store all they do is park you in front of a computer and have you reserve online. The nice part about doing it in store is that you get the opportunity to speak with a Tesla rep and ask questions galore along with see the pretty Model S sitting on the floor.

You can just go online now, reserve the car, then make a trip to the Palo Alto store and ask for SWAG and your "certificate".

Speaking of SWAG, the running joke amongst my ICE loving friends is that I bought a $5000 key chain

7. hj-45

hj-45 Member

I received TWO key chains, so only $2500 ea.

8. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

I got a gym bag too, which I value at $1k. So there. :tongue:

9. metafor

metafor Member

Hmmm. When my friend reserved one, he got a giant certificate lkke they give out to lottery winners (only without the money obviously :)

That's really the only reason I want to reserve in person. Does that not happen for everyone?

10. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Voltage makes me tingle.

Haha that is NOT standard operating procedure :)

11. metafor

metafor Member

Just thought I'd update. It turns out that only the store at Santana Row in San Jose does this; the employees there thought it'd be fun for people who reserve a car. Anyway, I got in line with the rest of you :)

tesla_reservation.jpg

12. Zorba

Zorba Member

That is just great :D

13. tander

tander Active Member

Anybody tried going to the store for swag after reserving online? I'm starting to feel like I missed out, I mean a 1k gym bag is no key chain.

14. metafor

metafor Member

Don't feel bad. All I got besides the giant certificate pic was 2 keychains. Oh well, I'd rather Tesla spend more money ramping up production rather than on schwag.