Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reserved 2nd Model 3 just 5 minutes ago

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have reserved my first M3 online on 3/31 imediately after the reveal.Since then I was showing my dad videos/picutres/specs of the M3 and today he told me to place a reservation for him as well
So, 5 minutes ago I've placed my 2nd reservation

I wonder how this will work ? We will recive cars in order of reservation, or both at the same time ?

Just wondering... Why do you think your 2nd reservation after 200,000 others have placed an order has priority over theirs?

Also will be interesting since the reservations were not supposed to be transferable, how that would work.

I have reserved my first M3 online on 3/31 imediately after the reveal.Since then I was showing my dad videos/picutres/specs of the M3 and today he told me to place a reservation for him as well
So, 5 minutes ago I've placed my 2nd reservation

I wonder how this will work ? We will recive cars in order of reservation, or both at the same time ?
Did you Reservation number start with 107xxxxxx like mine did?

I was wondering the same thing. I stood in line on 3/31 to make my reservation & the only option I had was quantity ordered, 1 or 2. I wonder if I can go back now & increase the quantity to 2?....I will stop by the Tesla store to find out.

Just wondering... Why do you think your 2nd reservation after 200,000 others have placed an order has priority over theirs?

I think he's thinking that they're on the same account, so will get at the same time. It's not an unreasonable question - it all depends on how Tesla's IT systems work. They might just go with the first reservation date on the account.

Especially since double-reservations only make up for 5% of orders, Tesla may not want to go through the trouble to break them up.

Keep in mind that Tesla reservations won't be processed anywhere near strict order-of-reservation. Even inside the same region.

We won't know the answer to this. Tesla stores won't know the answer to this. You may not ever know how this got processed even AFTER you received both cars.

I'm thinking about reserving a second one as well and surprising my wife with it. She couldn't care less about electric vehicles and she loves her E class but I showed her all the pictures after I pre-ordered and she was salivating.

I know she'll want to drive it, she might as well have her own.

I would estimate not. Consider existing Tesla owners for example - they get one priority order per Tesla they currently own. Of those who ordered two Model 3's, they'll get one priority and one with the rest of the unwashed masses.

I would imagine that your second order would be delivered at a later date as it falls in the queue.

Reservations are 100% transferable to anybody at anytime *with Tesla's prior written authorization*. Stating otherwise implies an inability to read. It is quite clear. To state otherwise is analogous to the misinformation spewed about supercharging and locals - it's 90% factually inaccurate and 90% of the other 10% is suspect.

It is reasonable that Tesla will transfer one of your reservations to family, direct or extended, or perhaps even to a friend, if you ask nicely.

There are no guarantees, but the point is simply that they don't want reservations sold on eBay. We are talking about reservations for cars two years in the future - and that's best case unless and until an early ramp occurs. A lot can happen in that time.

• Disagree
Reactions: NC-3 and MP3Mike
Reservations are 100% transferable to anybody at anytime *with Tesla's prior written authorization*. Stating otherwise implies an inability to read.

It must be nice to know how Tesla legal will respond, and that language is fairly standard in most agreements.
Simply saying that there is no guarantee that Tesla will provide "written authorization".

Reservations are 100% transferable to anybody at anytime *with Tesla's prior written authorization*. Stating otherwise implies an inability to read. It is quite clear. To state otherwise is analogous to the misinformation spewed about supercharging and locals - it's 90% factually inaccurate and 90% of the other 10% is suspect.
Not to derail this thread, but what misinformation are you referring to regarding Supercharging and locals? A link to another thread will suffice.