TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Reserved 2nd Model 3 just 5 minutes ago

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by vortexz, Apr 8, 2016.

1. vortexz

vortexz Member

I have reserved my first M3 online on 3/31 imediately after the reveal.Since then I was showing my dad videos/picutres/specs of the M3 and today he told me to place a reservation for him as well
    So, 5 minutes ago I've placed my 2nd reservation

I wonder how this will work ? We will recive cars in order of reservation, or both at the same time ?

2. NC-3

NC-3 Member

Just wondering... Why do you think your 2nd reservation after 200,000 others have placed an order has priority over theirs?

Also will be interesting since the reservations were not supposed to be transferable, how that would work.

3. tdelta1000

tdelta1000 Active Member

Did you Reservation number start with 107xxxxxx like mine did?

4. Bimbels

Bimbels GoldMember

It will be by time of reservation, IMO. The confirmation from tesla says you will be invited to configure based on your reservation date. (or similar wording.)

5. doublejj

doublejj Member

I was wondering the same thing. I stood in line on 3/31 to make my reservation & the only option I had was quantity ordered, 1 or 2. I wonder if I can go back now & increase the quantity to 2?....I will stop by the Tesla store to find out.

6. vortexz

vortexz Member

they are transferable to immediate family members

7. deonb

deonb Active Member

I think he's thinking that they're on the same account, so will get at the same time. It's not an unreasonable question - it all depends on how Tesla's IT systems work. They might just go with the first reservation date on the account.

Especially since double-reservations only make up for 5% of orders, Tesla may not want to go through the trouble to break them up.

Keep in mind that Tesla reservations won't be processed anywhere near strict order-of-reservation. Even inside the same region.

We won't know the answer to this. Tesla stores won't know the answer to this. You may not ever know how this got processed even AFTER you received both cars.

8. vortexz

vortexz Member

Hmmm, weird thing: after making the 2nd reservation, it doesn't show the reservation date on either of them anymore
    Before that, on my first reservation I was able to see the reservation date

9. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

My reservation has never shown a date on My Tesla. I was the first to reserve at Burlingame when it opened.

10. vortexz

vortexz Member

I was also wondering if we could buy the cars on my dad's company he owns ?We get VAT return here in Romania if we buy them on a company

11. TTBHG

TTBHG Member

I'm thinking about reserving a second one as well and surprising my wife with it. She couldn't care less about electric vehicles and she loves her E class but I showed her all the pictures after I pre-ordered and she was salivating.

I know she'll want to drive it, she might as well have her own.

12. pinski

pinski Going Plaid

I would estimate not. Consider existing Tesla owners for example - they get one priority order per Tesla they currently own. Of those who ordered two Model 3's, they'll get one priority and one with the rest of the unwashed masses.

I would imagine that your second order would be delivered at a later date as it falls in the queue.

13. pmich80

pmich80 Between U and me I'm giddy waitin' for the Model ≡

I've been thinking to order a second one myself. I could see my parents clamouring to get one.

• Like x 1
  14. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

Imagine a glitch in the matrix that re-dated both your Model 3 orders to the later of the two. :eek:

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  15. NC-3

NC-3 Member

16. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

Reservations are 100% transferable to anybody at anytime *with Tesla's prior written authorization*. Stating otherwise implies an inability to read. It is quite clear. To state otherwise is analogous to the misinformation spewed about supercharging and locals - it's 90% factually inaccurate and 90% of the other 10% is suspect.

It is reasonable that Tesla will transfer one of your reservations to family, direct or extended, or perhaps even to a friend, if you ask nicely.

There are no guarantees, but the point is simply that they don't want reservations sold on eBay. We are talking about reservations for cars two years in the future - and that's best case unless and until an early ramp occurs. A lot can happen in that time.

• Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
  17. NC-3

NC-3 Member

It must be nice to know how Tesla legal will respond, and that language is fairly standard in most agreements.
    Simply saying that there is no guarantee that Tesla will provide "written authorization".

18. Seesaw

Seesaw Member

Also wondering about a second reservation for my brother. Wonder if it's too much hassle with transferring it down the track.

19. CuriousG

CuriousG Member

Not to derail this thread, but what misinformation are you referring to regarding Supercharging and locals? A link to another thread will suffice.

20. Model S M.D.

Model S M.D. Ludicrous Radiologist

Ordered 2 on the 31st. I assumed only 1 will have priority (for my Model S) and the other will fall in line with everyone else in the queue. Exciting times!