Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reset airbag warning light?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After upgrading the audio system on the roadster, the airbag light has been on. The installers broke the clips on the airbag cover when removing dash parts. I hoped once the clips were replaced the light would go off. It did not. The airbag itself is still present (and I purchased extra clips just in case I need to remove the cover again).

Anyone know how to reset the airbag light or will I need to go to TSC?

Those airbag clips will always break, they're ment to be replaced whenever the passenger AB cover is in any way removed. Were your seats removed? Check the connectors under the seat to ensure they're seated properly.

I'd suspect the same Lotus Elise scan / reset tool would work on the Roadster. I'd see what the code is first before resetting.
Airbag light - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

Reference - Lotus AirBag Service Notes:
http://vsic.lotuscars.com/system/files/documents/sn_wf_airbags_evora_0.pdf

Those airbag clips will always break, they're ment to be replaced whenever the passenger AB cover is in any way removed. Were your seats removed? Check the connectors under the seat to ensure they're seated properly.

I'd suspect the same Lotus Elise scan / reset tool would work on the Roadster. I'd see what the code is first before resetting.

My seats WERE removed. That's a good place to look. Thank you for the heads up!

I'm heading to the stereo shop tomorrow (finally) to see if they can remedy the airbag warning light that was on after they upgraded the audio system.

The Wiztecy Lotus manual is going to be very helpful for troubleshooting. Since the seats were removed, I'm going to stick with Wiztecy's suggestion of directing the installer to start with seat-removal related issues activating the light. Page 2 of the manual shows the components. My hunch is that it's either some connection to the seat belt tensioner or a connector under one of the seats shown on page 28. Anything else I should suggest to the stereo installer?

I can't register the car until I get this fixed. My temporary registration has expired. :-(

Did the program run on your laptop? It took a little while to figure out the code supplied and to use a 2004 VX220 as the vehicle (if I remember correctly).

The problem is I purchased a Chinese clone of the device and I'm unable to get a USB connection. The provided drivers don't work with Windows 10 x64, documentation is terrible, and I can't find updated drivers on the net. I don't have a Windows 7 laptop. Uggh..

Taking out the seats won't set the light-those wires are for the parking brake and buckle switch. The retractors will set it if unplugged, but I don't see why they would have unplugged them unless they messed with the factory subwoofer connector on the drivers side.

Problem solved: it was a disconnected (or poorly connected) wire to the seat belt tensioner/retractor/thingy behind and up near the driver's shoulder.

Many thanks once again to Wiztecy and MLAUTO for helping me point the installer to the correct location. No reset was required. It's a big relief to have that light off!

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
@mel1800 or @glight2000 I have the same issue too. The light just appeared one day randomly. Looking through the Lotus forums I guess this is pretty common (as one person simply advised taping over the light).

How do you get into the compartment to check the seat belt tensioner? I can see one bold near the door sill but no other ones.

Also did you have any luck with that code reader?