TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Reset the Clock??

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Chipper, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

I know others have experienced this but I do not recall the solution. I drove to Nashville from Chattanooga last week. Nashville is Central time zone. Chattanooga is Eastern. When we changed from DST my in-car clock adjusted accordingly. However, when I returned from Nashville it did not. Two FULL reboots later, still suck on Central time. Any known fixes other than calling Tesla?

2. Only Trons

Only Trons Member

3. woof

woof Model S #P683 Blue 85 kWh

Just tap and hold the clock on the 17 inch screen for a few seconds. It'll automatically correct itself.

4. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

5. FLDarren

FLDarren Member

Wish I'd have known this little trick. I left the Chattanooga Supercharger headed for Kentucky two weeks ago. I thought I would be rolling into my destination around 9:30. Found out when I got there it was 10:30. :eek: Thanks for the tip.

6. GreenT

GreenT Member

I've crossed time zones in my S often ... especially as the clock is so small and grey, I would like it to alert me when the clock does change.
    Like a 5 second onscreen "error" message telling me I lost / gained an hour?

7. N4HHE

N4HHE Member

I've thought more than once that I'd like the time display to indicate timezone. I'm currently CST (Central Savings Time as opposed to CDT Central Daylight Time). The time libraries in Linux know timezones very well if only Tesla would display. By displaying the timezone you would know the clock changed since you last looked at it. I don't remember whether my clock changed when visiting the Chattanooga Supercharger.

8. Fezzik

Fezzik P67429

It'd be easy to make it an option to put a thing up to display you are in a new time zone. But there will need to be an option to turn it off. It would annoy people who live in one time zone and work in another or travel between the two a lot.

9. N4HHE

N4HHE Member

Just make it an option as to how the time string is printed. Its Linux so its a safe bet the date(1) command is present:

[email protected] {36} date "+%B %d, %G %l:%M %p %Z"
    November 18, 2014 3:03 PM CST
    [email protected] {37} date "+%B %d, %G %l:%M %p"
    November 18, 2014 3:05 PM
    [email protected] {38}

10. evp

evp Nerd

Make the default that it also displays what time zone you're in, like: "11:18AM CST".