Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Resetting car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
does the model 3 have a restart function similar to the S? I know you can press both scroll wheels to restart screen but my S also has a reset for the vehicle as well. Didn’t see anything in the manual maybe it resets both?

You can do a soft reset by pressing both buttons on the steering wheel and aharda reset by pressing both and the brake at the same time. The soft reset restarts the screen while allowing you to drive, the hard reset restarts both computers.

• Informative
Reactions: S4WRXTTCS
You can do a soft reset by pressing both buttons on the steering wheel and aharda reset by pressing both and the brake at the same time. The soft reset restarts the screen while allowing you to drive, the hard reset restarts both computers.
I just tried this and it appears to do the same with or without the brake. The load time was the same and my blower fan didn’t change or stop.

I would assume with both computers resetting it would stop the blower fan for at least a few seconds and take a little longer to reboot. Is this assumption incorrect?

My understanding is that a full (or hard) reboot on a Model 3 is to hold both buttons down (on the steering wheel) until the Tesla logo appears. This is similar to an iPad where you can hold both buttons and release when the screen goes off (soft reset) or hold until the logo shows up (hard reset)... It's in the manual, in case you need a reference!

Reactions: Mahi-Mahi