Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

residential EV charging station for payments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So do you still think that you can't have too much solar? I ask because in this forum you have stated that you can't have too much solar numerous times.
Yep, I say this because my case is SO unique, no one would ever be able to get approved how much I have.
And I am fully ready for 5 EV in my garage :) And would still be able to charge such that I have a zero yearly energy bill

I saw on reddit someone doing this, but they put the charging station in front of their house and said it was free for anyone to use. He didn't charge for it.
That would be an option too I have already offered friends. I just do not want to keep giving free to PGE if I can use in others ways now. But, if I could make a few bucks to help cover the crazy costs for all the solar and batteries, why not. Not sure wife will approve, be doing research now. I left a message with ev connect who installs this stuff to see if they would do for a home, and how much it costs.

Lol you need to shift your annual true-up to July. So a few weeks before your true-up we can have a big TMC discounted-EV-charge-meet-by-the-lake.

Weren't you installing like 4 EV chargers in your garage already?

Or just mine some BTC. Assuming it doesn't get stolen by some group of felons running a ponzi-scheme out of the Bahamas.
My true up is currently July. Took PGE months to get to me since they had a sw bug and all solar customers are impacted.
I have 5 EV charging outlets wired in my garage. Just have no installed any chargers on them since not sure what I need, either plugged in or wired.

I have 5 EV charging outlets wired in my garage. Just have no installed any chargers on them since not sure what I need, either plugged in or wired.
Woot, thought we were the only ones with 5 lvl2 plugs/evse on property.
30a - EV toy
30a - EV toy
50a - 14-50
60a - tesla wall connector
50a - tesla wall connector

Though, I suppose us using ours is why our credit never gets near that 5k+ range. 😅

Woot, thought we were the only ones with 5 lvl2 plugs/evse on property.
30a - EV toy
30a - EV toy
50a - 14-50
60a - tesla wall connector
50a - tesla wall connector

Though, I suppose us using ours is why our credit never gets near that 5k+ range. 😅
I have 5 lines wired to a 200 amp panel. Currently they are all 50 amp breakers. The wiring could handle 60 or even 70 amp devices>
Clearly, I would not pull all that at once or the rest of my house would stop working. But, I tried to make it as flexibly as possible.
Yep, with 30kw of solar, what I produce is just nuts!

Reactions: KJD
This is the rate one gets from pulling and pushing at real time rates. For 4 months I am back to 2,200 credit already. But being in winter now, I will be using more than I can generate for a few months, so it will be going down.
So what is the rate, or how many kWh?

Soon California will neuter your credits with low rate during the day and high rate at night. Enjoy it while you can.

Last edited: