Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Resolved] Beyond Frustrated How do I contact a Regional Manager

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@socalsam I agree at my SC they are extremely nice I just think a fresh start at different SC with new people I don't know would be good for my mental state and might feel like a fresh start.

Agree with your new tactic to change locations CaliX. It's disturbing though, that YOU have to seek out escalated support given the degree of lingering problems AND being a 3x Tesla owner. While we all expect potential beta-type tech issues, we don't expect beta-like service. TMC is fortunate to have you, and also lucky you aren't on a social media rampage. KTF, NW. (I have a regional LA contact if you decide to finally nip this. DM me)

Last edited:
Reactions: socalsam
Sooner or later a lawyer is going to have a field day with lemon law

Yeah- was curious how long it would take for this. Not that I wish this on Tesla- the bad publicity but dang man- they need to be held accountable somehow. It just seems Elon can say whatever he wants and everyone just takes him at his word and guys like Cali are stuck with a POS car.

Someone tweet Elon and ask him if he was sleep on the production line when Calis car was being built.

Reactions: Dr ValueSeeker
My guess that it's a combination of parts delay and lack of experience with the model by the service staff. I'm sure the delay is not for lack of wanting to fix your vehicle. Elon made very clear points on the last earnings call about focusing on quality so would think it is top of mind for everyone.

Some of the complaints you have should have been seen at walk around before you accepted delivery.( panel fit , paint etc.). You should have refused delivery. If several hundred people refused to take cars wuth obvious flaws, Tesla would have an incetive to get the cars right prior to shipment. To sell as many cars as Tesla hopes, they will have to compete with the other car companies for regular buyers that have zero tolerance for this level of workmanship.

Some of the complaints you have should have been seen at walk around before you accepted delivery.( panel fit , paint etc.). You should have refused delivery. If several hundred people refused to take cars wuth obvious flaws, Tesla would have an incetive to get the cars right prior to shipment. To sell as many cars as Tesla hopes, they will have to compete with the other car companies for regular buyers that have zero tolerance for this level of workmanship.

They were and they said don't worry they would take care of them. That's before I drove home and my brakes failed.

@CaliX - MY X has been in the shop for 22 days now, and is again going back tomorrow - I've had it for 8 weeks now. I feel your pain! I've had numerous issues with the Left FWD, Right passenger door, 3rd row seats (unrelated to the recall), Horn, screen display, et al. But it's still a fun car to drvie when I can.

I've had to talk to the manager of the Service Advisor at my SC, and since then things seem to have improved ... slightly. The issues I see is that the car sits around in the SC without it being worked upon. The daily status updates I get are meaningless. So, I have resorted to asking them to give me precise diagnosis of the problem(s), how will it be fixed, what is the estiamted time for them to get ALL of the parts, the estimated time for them to fix the issue after they've received the parts, etc. I'm sure they think I'm a royal PITA. I ask them how many hours was my car worked upon daily. When things don't go the way I think they should be going, I ask them what they would do if they were in my shoes. BTW, I don't know if any of these things I said have helped me get the work done any faster. But they do know I am going to be asking them for a status daily. And I do it in writing, via e-mail. I have been professional, polite, and firm when needed. I do believe that they will take care of the issues but it is very frustrating when I have to visit the SC on a weekly basis. I'm hoping that the next visit will be the last time it's in the shop.

So @CaliX, hang in there. Yes, I know it's very frustrating but I don't see another alternative. I love driving the X so much that I can't think of going to another car even if I had an option to do so.

Two thoughts--
1. MX will be a painful lesson for Tesla that not every innovation that CAN be engineered, SHOULD be. And that reliability should be valued as much as innovation within the company. Retracting door handles, FWDs, giant windscreens---they appeal the the geek in us but the real innovations should be drivetrain/EV/battery-- there's no need to reinvent the actual automotive tech that works and that has been perfected over decades, like doors and windscreens and door handles.
2. Every new Tesla product reminds me not to be an early adapter to new models. That's why my MS build was #63,000, and why I'm not sad I'm probably 50,000 down on the M3 reservation list. I have to scratch my head at the people that waited in line to order...the excitement at being the first on the block isn't worth it.

What's sad to contemplate is that the factory, and management, very likely knew about the issues with these cars (they inspect them, after all) and chose to ship and deliver them anyway to make their numbers. It was a conscious choice to inflict pain upon their customers. And why not? There seem to be no consequences.

LOL! Do not forget the milestones that were achieved by shipping out Model X on Sep 29! Mr. Musk and top management got their options vested based on their "achievements" on Model X. Mr. Musk cashed a good chunk right last week. A truly smart guy, he is. His fans and devotees should pay for his riches.

@CaliX, DO NOT take anything verbally promised by Tesla. Make sure you get their promises in the most accurate, written form. Tesla is notorious for walking back on its promises, starting from unlimited ranger service to unlimited super charging to a host of other things.
And if you do get a refund and decide to reorder another X, wait minimum 6 months, till you hear that the quality issues are definitely sorted out.

Last edited:
there's no need to reinvent the actual automotive tech that works and that has been perfected over decades, like doors and windscreens and door handles.

Agreed and in fact many of the problems have been seen with the tech which has been perfected by the auto industry already. For example the calibration issues with the frameless window. My i3 has frameless windows and over the past 20 months or so I have never had a single issue with it, not once, not a millimeter. Another example is the trim, I have never seen such shoddy trim work ever on any of the cars I have owned (2 Toyotas, 1 VW, 2 Nissans, 5 BMWs). I could go on but will stop with one more example i.e. pointless electric system in the 3rd row seats.

I truly hope that the Tesla management is doing a thorough lessons learnt analysis so that the mistakes are not repeated for Model # as there would be no second chances after that. While Elon sleeping at the end of the assembly line makes a good soundbite, a systemic and robust attention to quality does not need a CEO sleeping at the assembly line. We should not forget that the quality has to be built in at every step of the value chain, it cannot be ensured by just the end of the line inspections.

Retracting door handles, FWDs, giant windscreens---they appeal the the geek in us but the real innovations should be drivetrain/EV/battery-- there's no need to reinvent the actual automotive tech that works and that has been perfected over decades, like doors and windscreens and door handles.
Sorry but I have to disagree. If I just wanted an EV I can find ones in other companies today or certainly in the very near future. While I want that, I also want a car that speaks to me and satisfies not just the geek in me, but my passionate side too.

The Model X, when built right, is a fantastic car and all the innovation is appropriate and well suited (well maybe not the non folding second row seats :)) IMHO.

If they are going to succeed in the automobile marketplace they are going to have to out design, out engineer and out manufacture their competition. Otherwise they will just go down in history as another company who helped spark a movement but could not sustain itself. Ever hear of the Wright Brothers and the Wright Company? Been on any of their airplanes recently?

Wright Company - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm curious why you don't do the simple thing: "Here's the car. Don't give it back until it's all good. Meanwhile I'll drive the loaner you'll provide me with." No worries. No pressure. They can take as long as they like, and it isn't your car getting miles put on it.

Sounds like a good option. The only downside is my current SC says my misaligned drivers door cannot be fixed. They asked me if I can live with it.