Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Resolved] Beyond Frustrated How do I contact a Regional Manager

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The local service center has been fantastic. Tesla corporate sucks ass. I do believe that tesla will make things right. They have to.

However- if you get resistance- as much as I hate to say it- if it was me, I'd be in contact with an attorney.

Again- I hope it never comes to it and tm does the right thing. But I'm just sayin....protect yourself. It's a big chunk of change and Elon has proved that he is more concerned about quarterly numbers than the issues that some users are having.

Good luck. Be firm and polite tomoroew and I'm confident they will take care of you.

There are owners reporting their Xs are in perfect condition. How did that happen? It confuses me that some people are having problematic cars while others are having perfect condition. The only way to find out is to compare them side by side, look for in details. Some owners might be too excited that they over looked the problem, but problems like door not opening and closing, braking not working, AC not working will hinder driver from normal operation of the car. So... still don't know how Tesla manage to mess up part of the production while keeping the other group "flawless".
Cars are built in batches and it is practically impossible for a factory to always maintain every car being the same in terms of quality, esp. for first generation vehicles. That's why there are things such as "lemons" and why reliability data of even the most reliable cars have certain percentages of cars having problems (while most don't).

It seems to me that the service center is the biggest issue. It took two weeks for our SC to get our car ready for delivery, and it sounds like that was the case for all the other Xs they prepared. Our car has been great, and when I voiced some concern about the problems on the forums, my center told me they have had VERY few problems, because they make sure the cars are perfect before pickup. I read about other people getting their cars a day or two after it arrives at the service center in other parts of the country. There is no way those service centers have the time to do all the work that needs to be done correctly. Why they don't come more perfect from the factory is another story. But maybe you need to take your car to a different service center that does better quality work.

Reactions: ModelX
This kind of stuff does not inspire confidence in Tesla making their ramp ups. Actually a little scary as a long term stock holder. I know the 3 will be far simpler, but the ability to go above and beyond to service any issues will be severely curtailed with a cheaper car, and widespread issues could do a lot of damage to the brand equity Tesla has built up.

***Update***

Tesla contacted me today I went to a new SC and the Manager assured me that my X is 100% fixable, they gave me a loaner, started on it today and he said when they are done if I am not 100% satisfied they will replace it. I don't know of any other company on the planet that would do that (maybe Apple) Thank you Tesla :)

Great! Happy for you. But not surprising, knowing Tesla fears lemon lawsuit like a plague. Suggest to get the promise in writing. It may turn out that the one making verbal promises is not authorized to assure a buyback. Who knows? I believe @ModelXBoy here still doesn't have a written agreement on the exchange. He is driving in his old subpar car, accumulating mileage. If it ever goes to lemon law arbitration, he will incur significant mileage charges.

Great! Happy for you. But not surprising, knowing Tesla fears lemon lawsuit like a plague. Suggest to get the promise in writing. It may turn out that the one making verbal promises is not authorized to assure a buyback. Who knows? I believe @ModelXBoy here still doesn't have a written agreement on the exchange. He is driving in his old subpar car, accumulating mileage. If it ever goes to lemon law arbitration, he will incur significant mileage charges.

Thank you I am very pleased.

Reactions: Dr ValueSeeker
In case it is not clear, Drivin does not own a Tesla He is only being sarcastic. He is not sincerely trying to help the OP.

Funny!

Gee, look at this:
***Update***
Tesla contacted me today I went to a new SC and the Manager assured me that my X is 100% fixable, they gave me a loaner, started on it today and he said when they are done if I am not 100% satisfied they will replace it. I don't know of any other company on the planet that would do that (maybe Apple) Thank you Tesla :)

Hmmm. Who said to be patient, that they would 100% fix it and that service would be great while others are clamoring for threats of Lemon Law and refunds and other negative things. Oh, I know, it was me. Gee, stopcrazypp, there was nothing sarcastic in my post and it was correct. Sorry to disappoint you, but Tesla Service came through again! I provide well-founded hope and optimism while others provided advice on threats and you complain about me? Let me guess, you are short TSLA, right?

Good luck Calix and thanks for the update.

Last edited:
Funny!

Gee, look at this:
Hmmm. Who said to be patient, that they would 100% fix it and that service would be great while others are clamoring for threats of Lemon Law and refunds and other negative things. Oh, I know, it was me. Gee, stopcrazypp, there was nothing sarcastic in my post and it was correct. Sorry to disappoint you, but Tesla Service came through again! I provide well-founded hope and optimism while others provided advice on threats and you complain about me? Let me guess, you are short TSLA, right?
My sarcasm detector is spot on in this case (plus, this is a forum where post history is easy to look up), for example your:
"no need to make them look bad by escalating" or "Don't be a Debby Downer ;)...Don't give the press negative vibes, man. It will harsh the buzz."
You weren't exactly being subtle with the sarcasm (even deploying the emoticons to make it clear) and clearly was experiencing some schadenfreude at CaliX's expense. Of course this time your sarcasm turned out to be wrong;).

Last edited:
My sarcasm detector is spot on in this case (plus, this is a forum where post history is easy to look up), for example your:
"no need to make them look bad by escalating" or "Don't be a Debby Downer ;)...Don't give the press negative vibes, man. It will harsh the buzz."

All those comments are similar to ones other people have made and yet you don't whine about them, nor do you seem to whine about directly negative posts like the Lemon Law threats and people who advise other directly adversarial positions. Your posting history is clear about that.

Of course this time your sarcasm turned out to be wrong

What does it even mean for sarcasm to be wrong? A comment asserting a fact can be wrong, but not "sarcasm". I stand by my statements: Tesla service is great, no need to make them look bad, they will fix it 100%. All those were true - there was no need to make them look bad, service is great. Why do you have such a problem with positive statements?

You really shouldn't be such a negative person. I don't know why you need to attack people, but I forgive you and I will pray for you. God Bless!

Last edited:
***Update***

Really glad to hear this update and good luck.

Reactions: CaliX