Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Resolved] Beyond Frustrated How do I contact a Regional Manager

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All those comments are similar to ones other people have made and yet you don't whine about them, nor do you seem to whine about directly negative posts like the Lemon Law threats and people who advise other directly adversarial positions. Your posting history is clear about that.
None of the other comments were dripping in sarcasm, but were sincerely trying to think of ways the OP can get his issue resolved or were giving advice from experience of having a Tesla in a similar situation. Reminding the OP of his lemon law rights for a new car that has been 20 days out of service is far from unreasonable.

What does it even mean for sarcasm to be wrong? A comment asserting a fact can be wrong, but not "sarcasm". I stand by my statements: Tesla service is great, no need to make them look bad, they will fix it 100%. All those were true - there was no need to make them look bad, service is great. Why do you have such a problem with positive statements?

You really shouldn't be such a negative person. I don't know why you need to attack people, but I forgive you and I will pray for you. God Bless!
I had another post written up that addresses this more in depth (including links to similar posts by you in other threads), but in the interest of not further bringing more off topic discussion, I will just end in saying I wasn't happy hearing about CaliX's issues and couldn't contemplate that someone sincerely sympathetic to CaliX's situation would employ the level of sarcasm you did. I am glad CaliX is on the way to finding a resolution through the Tesla's service channel and hope his issues will be fully resolved soon.

***Update***

Tesla contacted me today I went to a new SC and the Manager assured me that my X is 100% fixable, they gave me a loaner, started on it today and he said when they are done if I am not 100% satisfied they will replace it. I don't know of any other company on the planet that would do that (maybe Apple) Thank you Tesla :)
OK, so the texts are much better at this SeC. Intentions are probably just as high as before, but let's see how they deliver. Still keep trying to get everything in writing, for future reference and recurring issues.

Reactions: schonelucht
***Update***

Tesla contacted me today I went to a new SC and the Manager assured me that my X is 100% fixable, they gave me a loaner, started on it today and he said when they are done if I am not 100% satisfied they will replace it. I don't know of any other company on the planet that would do that (maybe Apple) Thank you Tesla :)

Congrats, wonderful news. a win win regardless! You deserved it.

***They fixed it!***

Well I picked up my X today and they fixed all the major and minor stuff (alignment issues that the other SC said couldn't be fixed etc...) now my X looks like it just came off the production line instead of looking like it was an early build. I am very happy.

Thank you to Tesla Van Nuys, Fernando who is amazing, Raymond and Bridgette. I highly recommend going to see Fernando at Van Nuys if you live in the Los Angeles area.

***They fixed it!***

Well I picked up my X today and they fixed all the major and minor stuff (alignment issues that the other SC said couldn't be fixed etc...) now my X looks like it just came off the production line instead of looking like it was an early build. I am very happy.

Thank you to Tesla Van Nuys, Fernando who is amazing, Raymond and Bridgette. I highly recommend going to see Fernando at Van Nuys if you live in the Los Angeles area.

Really glad to hear that. I am hoping that I will get a similar reception.

I have had my X for less than 60 days 20 of those days my X has been in the service center. In the first 24 hours of ownership my brakes failed and my passenger door wouldn't open (should have been my first clue that something not right). It has been non stop from there. I'm still looking at 7+ more days when more parts arrive. Some of the repairs have been installed improperly making more problems it's like I spent $120,000 for a car that is so poorly built that it requires what feels like non stop repairs. To top it of the tech tells me my seals that are messed up on my X "that's how they are all coming in" and didn't fix them. This is our 3rd tesla and what a painful experience this one has been.

Anyway sorry venting just tired and frustrated.

If you have any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.
I have had similar problems with my SC. My car was one of the very first production cars made. It was completed and shipped to my SC mid-January. I have had my Model X P90DL ($150k) for four months. Of the of the four months it has been at the service center for over 8 weeks. I won't go over all the issues I have had with the car as it would take too long but I will go over the current issues. . Two weeks ago I took it in for the seat recall along with a bunch of minor issues. They told me it would be a few days. Last week my service manager called and told me they had corrected most of the issues but they had to order replacement for the pieces of triangular glass that is part of each front door. They said this is what was causing the wind noise. They said it should arrive by last Monday. On Tuesday they sent me an email saying the parts had arrived and they would install them as soon as possible. Today I sent an email asking for an update. I got a response saying when they got the two pieces of glass but they didn't meet specification and they had to reorder them. Based on prior experience whenever they order something it always takes at least a week. Therefore it will be at least another week before I get the car making the total time it has been at the SC 9 weeks out 17 weeks. I have also been informed they need to replace the rear hatchback. It will be sent unpainted so they will need the car for 6-8 weeks to install it. Therefore during the first six months they will have the car for over 4 months.

The short amount of time I have had the car I found it to be an amazing. I got so spoiled driving the Model X I can't imagine driving any other car. They gave me a loaner Model S P85 but it is no where as nice as driving the Model X. I am the only Model X in my area and it really turns heads. Most every time I open the falcon wing doors a crowd forms.

I too am trying to stay positive. I do not find my SC to be very good but it is a two hour drive to the next closest SC.

Does anyone find this to be acceptable in a 140k vehicle?
No, but the X is new and complex. Some like Darryl have had a miserable experience. Tesla will make it good. If his SC isn't capable then he needs to escalate it to get it done, but we have seen others here who have gotten these issues corrected.

Does this compensate?
You have never driven an X so you can not appreciate it. That is not meant to be condescending, just that I understand what Darryl has experienced. Though not entirely since my X has been close to perfection, but the vehicle itself is amazing and one misses it greatly when it isn't available.

I have had similar problems with my SC. My car was one of the very first production cars made. It was completed and shipped to my SC mid-January. I have had my Model X P90DL ($150k) for four months. Of the of the four months it has been at the service center for over 8 weeks. I won't go over all the issues I have had with the car as it would take too long but I will go over the current issues. . Two weeks ago I took it in for the seat recall along with a bunch of minor issues. They told me it would be a few days. Last week my service manager called and told me they had corrected most of the issues but they had to order replacement for the pieces of triangular glass that is part of each front door. They said this is what was causing the wind noise. They said it should arrive by last Monday. On Tuesday they sent me an email saying the parts had arrived and they would install them as soon as possible. Today I sent an email asking for an update. I got a response saying when they got the two pieces of glass but they didn't meet specification and they had to reorder them. Based on prior experience whenever they order something it always takes at least a week. Therefore it will be at least another week before I get the car making the total time it has been at the SC 9 weeks out 17 weeks. I have also been informed they need to replace the rear hatchback. It will be sent unpainted so they will need the car for 6-8 weeks to install it. Therefore during the first six months they will have the car for over 4 months.

The short amount of time I have had the car I found it to be an amazing. I got so spoiled driving the Model X I can't imagine driving any other car. They gave me a loaner Model S P85 but it is no where as nice as driving the Model X. I am the only Model X in my area and it really turns heads. Most every time I open the falcon wing doors a crowd forms.

I too am trying to stay positive. I do not find my SC to be very good but it is a two hour drive to the next closest SC.

@Darryl So sorry to hear about your experience. I expect to get my X next week and will be 2hrs from SC. However, from reports it seems like the production quality is much better on the X's coming off the line now - so I hope not to need to visit SC much. That doesn't help you - seems like you take two steps forward and one step back. It does look like they are finding other problems and perhaps being proactive (replacing hatchback), But on the surface 6-8 weeks to replace the hatchback (even unpainted) is a bit long. You appear to be getting communications from your service manager - are you in contact with anyone else higher up?

No, but the X is new and complex. Some like Darryl have had a miserable experience. Tesla will make it good. If his SC isn't capable then he needs to escalate it to get it done, but we have seen others here who have gotten these issues corrected.

You have never driven an X so you can not appreciate it. That is not meant to be condescending, just that I understand what Darryl has experienced. Though not entirely since my X has been close to perfection, but the vehicle itself is amazing and one misses it greatly when it isn't available.

Automotive Stockholm Syndrome. No, it's not acceptable is the correct answer. I understand it, though. I had a hot, psychotic girlfriend like the Model X once. Expensive, troublesome, cost a lot of time and worry, and I missed her greatly when she routinely made herself unavailable, usually with another guy. I tolerated it and made excuses for her...for a while.....

Automotive Stockholm Syndrome. No, it's not acceptable is the correct answer. I understand it, though. I had a hot, psychotic girlfriend like the Model X once. Expensive, troublesome, cost a lot of time and worry, and I missed her greatly when she routinely made herself unavailable, usually with another guy. I tolerated it...for a while.....

Really... if I read that right you are not so subtly calling this the A** syndrome?.... but I can see where you are coming from....

• Funny
Reactions: X Yes? and vandacca
Automotive Stockholm Syndrome. No, it's not acceptable is the correct answer. I understand it, though. I had a hot, psychotic girlfriend like the Model X once. Expensive, troublesome, cost a lot of time and worry, and I missed her greatly when she routinely made herself unavailable, usually with another guy. I tolerated it and made excuses for her...for a while.....
Sorry you've had bad personal experiences with dating. but this is just your opinion, and you are way off base. In this case the X is really that good and worth the wait and the extra work. If things weren't getting better I might see your point, but they are. A psychotic is not going to get better and hopefully eventually you realize that. People who bought exotic or just expensive ICE cars that had myriad problems, but kept them even though they deep down knew it was never going to get better would be your point. The X is not that.

Keep in mind that when I ordered my Model S in 2012 I saw pictures posted on this forum of fit and finish issues that were horrible. By the time I received mine in May of 13 they were fixed and everyone who had those issues got them resolved. It is still inexcusable that you have to go thru this, maybe talk to the service manager and explain your frustration. That is better than escalating above them to start.

I am a new Tesla Model S owner. Should I be looking for stuff to go wrong? Also, a friend suggested that I shouldn't drive the car on uneven roads because the Tesla rides low and the tires can't handle it either. In Massachusetts, it's hard to find roads that aren't uneven?

I am a new Tesla Model S owner. Should I be looking for stuff to go wrong? Also, a friend suggested that I shouldn't drive the car on uneven roads because the Tesla rides low and the tires can't handle it either. In Massachusetts, it's hard to find roads that aren't uneven?
@Kavita Batra Welcome! The Model S is a very mature vehicle known to have few problems in current production.
The Model X is a new model that has experienced problems in the early production models. The current Model X production models are reporting few problems and it appears that Tesla has made improvements.
You should not worry about the Model S having things go wrong. You are in the Model X forum (look at top of page, find the house, click on tesla motors forum and select the model S forum) and would be better helped by Members in the Model S forum to answer your question about driving on uneven roads. Where does your friend get their info? do they own an S? Better to get info from current members on the S forum.. look at threads for topic that may be close to your question. Good luck and congratulations on your Tesla purchase... you made a great choice.

In this case the X is really that good and worth the wait and the extra work. If things weren't getting better I might see your point, but they are. A psychotic is not going to get better and hopefully eventually you realize that.

You're right. Perhaps if the girlfriend had offered up a "Loaner Girl" when she was out of service, I would have seen it differently.....

No, my Model S has been perfect, whatever small problems I have had the SC fixed them. This will eventually be the case for the Model X as well. I have the 21 inch tires and wheels and always drive in the low setting, tire wear can be an issue. I live on a very rural narrow bumpy country road and drive 2 miles to get to my home, with the air suspension it rides very smooth. When I have to drive my ML430 Mercedes it feels like a clunker.

Suspension Problem on Model S

This may have been in regards to the wheels falling off some of the Model S'. Tesla has done their best to keep this quiet through Non Disclosure Agreements.

Hopefully they have revised the suspension design on the X

X Yes: Are you the infamous troll who get kicked out in every other forum for spreading lies?

This may have been in regards to the wheels falling off some of the Model S'. Tesla has done their best to keep this quiet through Non Disclosure Agreements.

Hopefully they have revised the suspension design on the X
Haven't actually read anything about that....and did so some research beforehand. Can you post links pls.?