Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[RESOLVED] Did Launch Event happen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
a0c37ad473e091a2b8dc130e63fa3d5e.jpg

Was there a Sept 29 Launch Event?
We're are the videos?
:eek:

I thought the event was good, large crowd of very excited people, the usual house music while everyone waited, Elon about 20 minutes late, short speech about the long wait but vehicle more awesome than ever, really worth the wait, unveiling of the new front (LED lights FTW!), demo of falcon doors (yep, they will fit your garage), no word about 2nd seat row, one by one hand-over of keys and very happy customers leaving the factory. Elon still not at Steve Jobs level of public speaking but we still love him for his slight nerdy charm.

My take: lots of happy people, shorts will try to make 2nd seat row a big issue, longs happy the wait is finally over. Now wait for glowing review of consumer reports & also for horribly wrong, misleading and disingenuous articles in WSJ & New York Times. All in all - 8/10 would watch again.

Last edited:
Thanks, Sebastian! I'm going to cancel my air and hotel reservations now and save a few bucks.

Maybe I'll go to the track instead. What do you think about the number 3 horse in the second to win?

... no word about 2nd seat row, one by one hand-over of keys and very happy customers leaving the factory. Elon still not at Steve Jobs level of public speaking but we still love him for his slight nerdy charm.
You apparently left too soon, and so missed Elon returning after the 11th handover, followed by a robot carrying a Queen-size mattress, and saying to ecstatic applause,
"One More Thing..."
It was beyond classic. The robot fit, too!

Thanks, Sebastian! I'm going to cancel my air and hotel reservations now and save a few bucks.

Maybe I'll go to the track instead. What do you think about the number 3 horse in the second to win?

You're welcome. On the horse: Sorry, I can't tell you. They will get me for things like this.
As I said I liked the event and when I came home, I was really amazed to see TSLA hit - hold on, there is someone at the door - be right back...

You can be forgiven for feeling like you've been in a time warp. The Model-X page has flipped back and forth to various historical versions over the past week.

But I can safely predict that Elon will describe the Model-X as a compelling vehicle with awesome 2nd row sculptured seats.

I thought the event was good, large crowd of very excited people, the usual house music while everyone waited, Elon about 20 minutes late, short speech about the long wait but vehicle more awesome than ever, really worth the wait, unveiling of the new front (LED lights FTW!), demo of falcon doors (yep, they will fit your garage), no word about 2nd seat row, one by one hand-over of keys and very happy customers leaving the factory. Elon still not at Steve Jobs level of public speaking but we still love him for his slight nerdy charm.

You forgot the fact that it will ship with hover functionality by default and time circuits are now an option but only with the Luxury Interior options, which is sure to raise some complaints on this forum.

The Model ZZX, the highly anticipated 23rd Century CSUVV intro went well, the audience was mesmerized by the levitating second row seats, however, the crowd was surprised that Tesla still hasn't been able to solve the "Newton-Hawking Folding Conundrum." Elon's digitized self also announced that he has started a new company that will specialize in Genetic Super Selection, whose 300 IQ offspring are expected to be able to solve the Newton-Hawking Folding Conundrum by the end of the 24th Century. Stay tuned......

Last edited:
...whose 300 IQ offspring are expected to be able to solve the Newton-Hawking Folding Conundrum by the end of the 24th Century. Stay tuned......
I call shenanigans. By the 23rd Century, the AI's will have solved that for us...or killed us all. Hey! Auto Pilot should be out by then!