Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Resolved] Frustrated Mad and Angry at Service right now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's quite remarkable to me how determined some people are to be offended. Let's just observe that the OP knows what is important to him and got what he wanted calmly and quickly. I'm impressed. Well done! I'm certain that in the future they'll go the extra mile to keep you happy.

FWIW, I am nor would I be offended by the use of "customer goodwill" on the invoice. But obviously it is not an accurate description, as that sounds they were doing you a favor (which I guess is the intent they try to communicate with such a line in general).

But in instances where they were actually at fault at the service center, a better description would be something like "service warranty" or "car warranty" when it is a factory fault. No?

Always lawyer up
A member was venting last week, notify Fremont instantly.
They checked my car. Heater valve Bad. How much to fix it? We don't know yet. I just left, I don't need heat that bad that can't say valve cost x, takes 2 hours to changer it.
I thought it had electric heating, not freon?

I agree with Sir Guac w/r/t the tint. IMHO it's a "choose your battles" kinda thing. Sure, he could go in all fire and brimstone and demand nothing short of ultimate satisfaction with a new hood, new windshield, and new tint, and demand "diminished value" yadda, yadda, yadda... And I'm sure there are people who are like that.

But I prefer to save that kind of attitude only for times where it really matters, when there is a significant error(s) made, the stakes are much higher, and Tesla (or whoever) isn't doing the right thing.

In this case, the service center and associates and whoever else involved from HQ will walk away knowing that Sir Guac treated them with respect and reasonableness, so next time there's a problem, they know what to expect.

But if you go in and lawyer up, and demand every last cent of retribution, next time, they might not be so cooperative.

Ok I've been trying to hold my anger in all day but ..

My 2nd annual service, which is hella pricey. They charge me $150 on top of that. Well okay fine. Not happy but I paid.

What p`ssed me off,
- They kept my car for 3 days, when I made an appointment 2 months out, because they were short staffed.
- Most of the time my car sat in the parking lot collecting dust. They spent about 2 hours actually servicing the car. Tell me again about that "service is not a profit center BS".
- Poor communication throughout, basically I'm kept in total suspense around when exactly can I pick my car up, I have to ask multiple times - and they almost never answer their phone.

What REALLY burnt my nerves,
- When I got my car back, it had a crack in the front windshield, and
- A 3 foot long scratch on the frunk hood.

When I delivered the car, they examined the car thoroughly, noted blemishes - heck they MISSED ONE that I pointed out.
When I was picking the car up, they REPLACED that sheet with "car is too dirty to perform inspection".
They presented me with a clipboard saying "sign here" - but I insisted on checking all the papers and discovered this switch. Naturally I was not happy, so I decided to examine the car, and this is what I find.

Then they tell me that "There is nothing they can do, and I am waiting for the service center manager to get back to me".

All this happened today, the service center manager is supposed to get back to me tomorrow.

I am mad as HELL that I have to deal with this nonsense, at their unprofessional behavior, their lying and covering up, and the very fact that I have to deal with this and burn time and energy on it. I have always babied my car, hand washed it and meticulously maintained it myself. Every single time I detailed my car, my back hurt, but I did it. Only to see an ugly 3 foot long scratch left by Tesla service (Rockville Service Center).

Super mad and angry! But really trying to hold it in, lets hope they make it right tomorrow and I end up deleting this thread.

Meanwhile feel free to console me. UGH!

You're right to be angry. I would be too. Shame on Rockville for not accepting responsibility for damage they caused. That's unethical.

Reactions: MS16
Be that as it may (I read your description and saw nothing applicable to this situation), so is warranty.

It could just be the name they use in their internal accounting to keep track of those costs, separately from warranty work, and not meant to imply anything to end customers. "Customer goodwill", not "goodwill" (which usually means something different in accounting). Even though the cost ends up being zero to the customer, it is a cost to Tesla, and wouldn't their bean counters want to know. Putting it under warranty just obfuscates what happened.

And wouldn't we want their bean counters to know - otherwise how will they ever improve unless they are tracking the fact that their service people are incurring huge but avoidable cost and pain to both customers and their own bottom line?

You're right to be angry. I would be too. Shame on Rockville for not accepting responsibility for damage they caused. That's unethical.

I know there are 10 pages of posts in this, so easily missed. Short version: They did accept responsibility for the damage. The OP is satisfied with their response.

If Tesla delivered new cars to the service centers that werent screwed up to begin with then the techs wouldnt be so overworked and rushed that the customers cars wouldnt get damaged or need to come back to fix the same problem.

Overworked, poor communication, bad product = poor employee moral.... which means carelessness when working on customers cars.
I feel sorry for the people at service centers, they get all the crap dumped on them.

@William3 - I think mothership is well aware of all the details. Plus it is goodwill.

Yeah no, it's not "goodwill". It is culpability. That's like me crashing into you and paying to have your car fixed and calling it "goodwill".

After they fix it, instead of a pat on the back give them the middle finger for causing the problem in the first place, and more importantly lying about it. They deserve ZERO thanks.