Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[RESOLVED] Insuring Tesla...TD monnex won't :( where can I go?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow. That's not at all what we're getting with TD. 2k a year. I Think I'm going to shop. Often your own company has no incentive to give a good price. Spotless record so not sure how they can charge double.

I know this is a little old now but Royal & Sun Aliance insured me and my rate dropped less than half coming from an M5 BMW.
I asked why the difference and was told EV gets a discount as well it is one of the safest cars.
Was paying $2600 and now $1200

Wow should check desjardins.
I was with Johnson. It wanted more than 200 bucks a month for the Model S alone although I have a spotless driving record. Thus I ditched Johnson and shopped around. Seems Desjardins was the only one offering a reasonable price at the time. After renewal, I moved the other vehicle to Desjardins too. I am eager to see how much the premium will be once I am qualified for Adjusto discount.

I'm using PC Insurance, and they've used Aviva as the underwriter. I pay $950/yr for full coverage with a 1k deductible and $1,000,000 liability.
They tired hard to sell me the full value replacement coverage, they emailed me, phoned me, both multiple times trying to sell it to me. When I finally said yes they told me I wasn't eligible because the car had too many km on it. Needless to say I wasn't impressed, they had that information before they started harassing me about it! (Car counted as "new" because it was an inventory car not a CPO, but the 11,000km disqualified it for full replacement value coverage)

• Informative
Reactions: Falkirk
I'm using PC Insurance, and they've used Aviva as the underwriter. I pay $950/yr for full coverage with a 1k deductible and $1,000,000 liability.
They tired hard to sell me the full value replacement coverage, they emailed me, phoned me, both multiple times trying to sell it to me. When I finally said yes they told me I wasn't eligible because the car had too many km on it. Needless to say I wasn't impressed, they had that information before they started harassing me about it! (Car counted as "new" because it was an inventory car not a CPO, but the 11,000km disqualified it for full replacement value coverage)
Weird, my car had 12k on it and I got replacement coverage with TD MM. $500 ded for coll and comp, rental coverage, paying $75/month

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
Weird, my car had 12k on it and I got replacement coverage with TD MM. $500 ded for coll and comp, rental coverage, paying $75/month
Different companies, different rules.
I didn't do a lot of shopping around when I switched from my last vehicle to the Tesla because I had just done that a couple months earlier when my old vehicle renewed, and the rate seemed reasonable.

I'll shop around a bunch again come February when I'm up for renewal.