Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Resolved] IOS9 and locked up bluetooth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a new Iphone 6s plus. Paired easily with my Tesla, but now this evening when the bluetooth connects the car tries to call my own cell phone number and will not allow me to hang up the call, so all audio is muted and the screen is locked on calling my own number. Nothing rings through the speakers, and I don't connect to my voicemail.
I tried:
1) Screen reboot
2) Disconnecting and forgetting the phone and reconnecting

The issue immediately repeats. I had to shut off bluetooth on my phone.
Help?
Adam

Just got a new Iphone 6s plus. Paired easily with my Tesla, but now this evening when the bluetooth connects the car tries to call my own cell phone number and will not allow me to hang up the call, so all audio is muted and the screen is locked on calling my own number. Nothing rings through the speakers, and I don't connect to my voicemail.
I tried:
1) Screen reboot
2) Disconnecting and forgetting the phone and reconnecting

The issue immediately repeats. I had to shut off bluetooth on my phone.
Help?
Adam

When the tesla display is showing your own phone number it means that something other than a phone call is using BT. For example, a navigation app on your phone.

For those interested, my Tesla Service Team in Springfield, NJ emailed me with this fix:

Hi Adam,

Please keep the device removed from the phone and the car. Remove all items in the USB ports. Press both scroll wheels until the touch screen goes blank, release scroll wheels. Then press both top buttons until the dash goes blank, release both top buttons. This will refresh both dash and touchscreen. Re-sync the bluetooth and let me know if this helps.

Best,

Service Advisor

I had this problem intermittently after pairing my 6s (on 9.0). Haven't upgraded to 9.0.1 yet, but I solved the problem by turning off "Hey Siri." I think the Hey Siri function is keeping an open link on the BT. Not sure if this is fixed on 9.0.1.