TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

[Resolved] IOS9 and locked up bluetooth

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by adamred, Sep 26, 2015.

1. adamred

adamred Member

Just got a new Iphone 6s plus. Paired easily with my Tesla, but now this evening when the bluetooth connects the car tries to call my own cell phone number and will not allow me to hang up the call, so all audio is muted and the screen is locked on calling my own number. Nothing rings through the speakers, and I don't connect to my voicemail.
    I tried:
    1) Screen reboot
    2) Disconnecting and forgetting the phone and reconnecting

The issue immediately repeats. I had to shut off bluetooth on my phone.
    Help?
    Adam

2. JPP

JPP Active Member

Reboot iPhone. Maybe even use 2 finger reboot (hold power and home buttons until you see Apple logo). Delete Tesla from iPhone BT list. Re-pair BT with car. Report back....

3. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

When the tesla display is showing your own phone number it means that something other than a phone call is using BT. For example, a navigation app on your phone.

4. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Lots-o-problems with this update. It bricked my iPad and completely messed up up my phone. All is fixed now. Try to update to 9.0.1. It's available now and may fix your problems. I hope.

5. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

On 9.0.1 now.. No issues.

6. adamred

adamred Member

Perfect advice, thanks. The full two finger reboot, deleted tesla and forgot the phone. Then reconnected. I was already on the latest version of the IO. Thanks all.

7. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

I didn't even apply until today because I wanted the .0.1 update out before I event attempted anything. Sad that this is still true in this day and age!

8. ethune

ethune Member

I had the same problem on my 6s with iOS9.1 beta. I can solve it by making a call and hanging up. Then everything goes back to normal. I hope someone can come up with a fix for this since it has happened several times now.

9. adamred

adamred Member

For those interested, my Tesla Service Team in Springfield, NJ emailed me with this fix:

Hi Adam,

Please keep the device removed from the phone and the car. Remove all items in the USB ports. Press both scroll wheels until the touch screen goes blank, release scroll wheels. Then press both top buttons until the dash goes blank, release both top buttons. This will refresh both dash and touchscreen. Re-sync the bluetooth and let me know if this helps.

Best,

Service Advisor

10. JST

JST Active Member

I had this problem intermittently after pairing my 6s (on 9.0). Haven't upgraded to 9.0.1 yet, but I solved the problem by turning off "Hey Siri." I think the Hey Siri function is keeping an open link on the BT. Not sure if this is fixed on 9.0.1.

11. ethune

ethune Member

I agree Hey Siri is the problem. I shut it off and am not seeing this anymore.