Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Resolved] Picked up my model 3, 2 hours later I get a low coolant warning ... :(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An update to my situation. I've had this windshield washer fluid alarm in the past. It used to be a lot more frequent, but has dwindled down to maybe once every week or two. I had it checked before, and nothing could be found. Seemed like a false alarm.

I received an email recently from someone at Tesla Service in Fremont, saying they've been monitoring my car and they see the alarm. So they said I should make another service appointment and have it looked at. I did, and the Service Advisor told me that they worked with Fremont to do some inspections of the wiring and sensors and all looked good. They were thinking at this time that the issue is a firmware issue, and they would be working on it from that angle. The alarm rarely happens now, but I feel better because they've looked at it and don't see any physical issues....

Thanks for the update.
I wonder if it's the level switch itself. Too heavy or contacts are out of adjustment/ too sensitive.
Would need to hook a meter to it while driving, or get a raw log file of the input...

Thanks for the update.
I wonder if it's the level switch itself. Too heavy or contacts are out of adjustment/ too sensitive.
Would need to hook a meter to it while driving, or get a raw log file of the input...
An update to my situation. I've had this windshield washer fluid alarm in the past. It used to be a lot more frequent, but has dwindled down to maybe once every week or two. I had it checked before, and nothing could be found. Seemed like a false alarm.

I received an email recently from someone at Tesla Service in Fremont, saying they've been monitoring my car and they see the alarm. So they said I should make another service appointment and have it looked at. I did, and the Service Advisor told me that they worked with Fremont to do some inspections of the wiring and sensors and all looked good. They were thinking at this time that the issue is a firmware issue, and they would be working on it from that angle. The alarm rarely happens now, but I feel better because they've looked at it and don't see any physical issues....

Thanks for keeping us all posted. Wondering if a firmware can fix this. I am on 2018.24.1 12dd099.
The music interface change slightly. As long as the warning light on brake and fluid does cause physical damage I am good.

Thanks for keeping us all posted. Wondering if a firmware can fix this. I am on 2018.24.1 12dd099.
The music interface change slightly. As long as the warning light on brake and fluid does cause physical damage I am good.

No physical damage. Your warning light goes out after a minute or so, right?
There is another thread on the topic too:
Red Brake Warning Light Stays On

Reactions: Quickstart88