Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Resolved: Prepaid Service Plan Initially Not Transferable (now prorated)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought:
Thinking along the lines of how or why the prepaid service should be refunded... If I went to a service center, and said I want to buy 3 visits/check-ups in advance for my friend's Tesla...would they allow me to buy it? If so, it means it is not tied to any vehicle, and is like a gift card.
-The way that I see the prepaid service is that I am giving Tesla my money in advance for a few years for so many service center visits at today's prices. Tesla gets the cash upfront, and I get today's service center prices. Fair exchange. If you add in the risk of losing those prepaid visits (car accident or stolen ), then the value swings heavily towards Tesla.

Todd, thanks for your pioneering work and prompt update. Sorry about the car. I would be devastated. I agree with the other posters, I would not buy the service again if they had not prorated you. The warranty extension of course is a form of insurance and thus may not get returned.

Todd, thanks for your pioneering work and prompt update. Sorry about the car. I would be devastated. I agree with the other posters, I would not buy the service again if they had not prorated you. The warranty extension of course is a form of insurance and thus may not get returned.

What does it have to do with being insurance? I can cancel my car insurance for a pro-rated refund.

You know, I think if someone posted "Tesla came to my house, tore the top off of my car and filled it with cement!" we would have people on this forum who thought that they had the right to do it if they wanted to! The Tesla defenders on this forum amaze me. Glad it worked out - I bought pre-paid service too!

Update:

Tesla is working out getting me a prorated refund. They will also take my suggestions regarding adding language to the service contract regarding what happens if the car is lost through theft, casualty, etc.

Tesla comes through again!

I'm glad to hear that Todd. Now for the really tough question: What colour will you choose now that dolphin grey is no longer available?

You know, I think if someone posted "Tesla came to my house, tore the top off of my car and filled it with cement!" we would have people on this forum who thought that they had the right to do it if they wanted to! The Tesla defenders on this forum amaze me. Glad it worked out - I bought pre-paid service too!

What??? This has to be the most bizarre post I have read on this forum. I was one of the people who challenged those in this thread who said, in essence, "those are the terms of the contract and you have to live with it" but at no time did I think those people were Tesla defenders. I just thought they were wrong and I pointed out the doctrine of frustration all the while I believed that Tesla would do the right thing. I never thought that just because someone argued a point of view different than me that they were a Tesla fanboy. Your example, compared to the OP's issue, and this thread's discussion, is so over the top (pun intended) that it seems that no one can take a point of view that may support Tesla without being called a "Tesla defender". That's simply wrong, in my opinion.

Update:

Tesla is working out getting me a prorated refund. They will also take my suggestions regarding adding language to the service contract regarding what happens if the car is lost through theft, casualty, etc.

Tesla comes through again!

Todd -- Great news. Can't say I'm surprised that Tesla is doing this -- right thing, good business, avoid PR nightmare and lawsuits, etc.