Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[RESOLVED] Switched to new iPhone 6S, Apps don't connect any more

Jul 7, 2015
Redondo Beach, CA
I just switched to a new iPhone 6S. Restored both Tesla's Model S app and Remote S, and neither work anymore: "connection to vehicle could not be made".

I even uninstalled and re-installed both apps. Any idea how to fix this?

JPP

Feb 4, 2013
SF Bay Area, CA
I just switched to a new iPhone 6S. Restored both Tesla's Model S app and Remote S, and neither work anymore: "connection to vehicle could not be made".

I even uninstalled and re-installed both apps. Any idea how to fix this?

Did you reboot iPhone? Any change in carrier or data plan? Tried it with WiFi? Do you have good signal in the car? Maybe reboot MCU?

Jul 7, 2015
Redondo Beach, CA
Did you reboot iPhone? Any change in carrier or data plan? Tried it with WiFi? Do you have good signal in the car? Maybe reboot MCU?

Yep, did reboot the iPhone. Still with AT&T, no change in data plan, just a change in IMEI. I have great LTE signal in the car.

I have not tried the MCU reboot.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC