Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rest Stops

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not the NAV system does not specifically point them out during your journey via the navigation route planning. They do appear on the map on the screen as you pass them by. Suggest I-Exit or some other travel application to look out further in advance.
Thanks, just downloaded the app, but still wonder why the Tesla nav doesn’t offer this and Way Points.

Thanks, just downloaded the app, but still wonder why the Tesla nav doesn’t offer this and Way Points.
Elon indicates that Waypoints are coming in some nebulous future date.

As for Rest stops... super charging locations basically doubles up as rest stops, many have food, restaurants and other amenities. Even if your car doesn't need to stop, it doesn't stop you from stopping at one while both you and the car recharges.

Elon indicates that Waypoints are coming in some nebulous future date.

As for Rest stops... super charging locations basically doubles up as rest stops, many have food, restaurants and other amenities. Even if your car doesn't need to stop, it doesn't stop you from stopping at one while both you and the car recharges.
Great point and to be honest that's how my wife and I intend on traveling (we'll need BIO breaks well before the battery does but for this trip, we'll be picking up our grandkids (ages 4+ and 5+) and wanted a backup plan should one of them need to go ad we weren't close enough to a SC'er.

I do appreciate the info.

Getting ready to take our first LONG road trip and am wondering if the Tesla Nav system displays "rest stops" along your route?

Thanks in advance
Tell the NAV system to find Rest Areas. It will then show them on the map, you pick which one to go to. Right now, the only hassle is we don’t have the ability to use multiple waypoints. It will navigate you to the Rest Area, then you have to re-enter your destination.

Tell the NAV system to find Rest Areas. It will then show them on the map, you pick which one to go to. Right now, the only hassle is we don’t have the ability to use multiple waypoints. It will navigate you to the Rest Area, then you have to re-enter your destination.
I never thought to try that, I hope that's on the "unofficial" voice command list. You folks are awesome.

Reactions: 52 16 57 39