TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Restore Autosave?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by alwaysru, Sep 7, 2015.

1. alwaysru

alwaysru Member

Typed up a fairly long trip report (and kept seeing Autosave happening) at the bottom of the page. When I went to preview, Chrome crashed. Any ideas if I can go back and find the "draft" that autosaved?

2. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Go back yo wherever you were composing the post and start again. Hopefully you'll see a button near the bottom of the editor window that says "restore auto saved content" or something like that.

3. alwaysru

alwaysru Member

Got it. Whew! Thank you!

4. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Always best to compose a long and important post in something like a word processor with auto save anyway (Word or Pages on Mac).

5. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

Hard to do on my phone, which covers 60%+ of my browsing and contributing here. I often have to multiple-edit my posts to grab pieces from different places and often Safari on my phone crashes at seemingly random times that I think are when Autosave is trying to kick in. I really wish I could get some plain, freeform text boxes to update in b/c sometimes I wonder if the WYSIWYG processing adds to Safari crashing.

6. Auzie

Auzie Tree Hugger Member

Try evernote.

I have not tried it on iOS but it works wonders on Windows. I use free version, it is more than sufficient for me

Evernote.JPG

Some strange synchronicity, Chrome crashed on me while composing this post, creating an opportunity to test Auto restore. It works :cool:

7. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Evernote is a great program and should sync to cloud. I use it on iOS.