Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Restore FM/XM Radio after Infotainment Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI... I know there are already a lot of threads on this topic, but I had my MCU2 upgraded when it first came out before there was the option to keep FM/XM Radio. I just scheduled my appt to get the radio re-added for $500. But when I got the estimate approval email, it showed the following part number, which I haven't seen before and a search in this forum doesn't get any hits.

1618422364895.png

Has anyone seen this before on their invoice? I just want to make sure that they install the correct radio, as I thought others here have mentioned that there are different radios they could install depending on whether you had Ultra High Fidelity Sounds before.

Any ideas?

there are different radios they could install depending on whether you had Ultra High Fidelity Sounds before.

That was true for the radio tuner for MCU1, but Tuner2, for MCU2 vehicles as well as Model 3/Y, only has two versions, at least for the North American market... With and without XM capabilities, that's it.

So don't worry, as long as the Tuner2 being installed on your vehicle has the correct mounting bracket for your car, you'll be alright...

That was true for the radio tuner for MCU1, but Tuner2, for MCU2 vehicles as well as Model 3/Y, only has two versions, at least for the North American market... With and without XM capabilities, that's it.

So don't worry, as long as the Tuner2 being installed on your vehicle has the correct mounting bracket for your car, you'll be alright...
That's what I was worried about.. how do I know they have the correct Tuner2 version for my car... the one with the XM function, and not just FM only?

how do I know they have the correct Tuner2 version for my car...
The only way to find out is contacting your Service Center and make sure they install the Tuner2 with part number: 1143711-00-C.

From what we have read here on TMC, Service Centers in the US have the XM capable tuner, they just enable or disable the XM button on the vehicle's Gateway.config file so the MCU's UI either displays the button or it doesn't, depending on each vehicle configuration.

The only way to find out is contacting your Service Center and make sure they install the Tuner2 with part number: 1143711-00-C.

From what we have read here on TMC, Service Centers in the US have the XM capable tuner, they just enable or disable the XM button on the vehicle's Gateway.config file so the MCU's UI either displays the button or it doesn't, depending on each vehicle configuration.
SiriusXM FIX for my 2018 Model S
If I park in my garage for 30 minutes with no satellite signal, I will lose SiriusXM on my computer screen. Check the settings, everything is gone.
Tesla must have a bug in the software when there is no signal for a certain time it disables SiriusXM
FIX
I pull out of my garage into a parking spot that is open to the sky.

I do a hard boot, by pushing both scrolls to reset.
FOR HARD REBOOT.
PUSH and HOLD both scroll down and hold down, do not release when you see the screen go off. Continue to hold down for about 2 minutes until you see the T on the screen. Once you see the T on the screen, then release the scroll.
SiriusXM will take about 1-2 minutes before it is back on your computer screen with all settings as you had them.

SiriusXM FIX for my 2018 Model S
If I park in my garage for 30 minutes with no satellite signal, I will lose SiriusXM on my computer screen. Check the settings, everything is gone.
Tesla must have a bug in the software when there is no signal for a certain time it disables SiriusXM
FIX
I pull out of my garage into a parking spot that is open to the sky.

I do a hard boot, by pushing both scrolls to reset.
FOR HARD REBOOT.
PUSH and HOLD both scroll down and hold down, do not release when you see the screen go off. Continue to hold down for about 2 minutes until you see the T on the screen. Once you see the T on the screen, then release the scroll.
SiriusXM will take about 1-2 minutes before it is back on your computer screen with all settings as you had them.
Did you ever get a real solution for this? Tesla says they are aware of the bug but I lose XM icon every night when parked indoors.