Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Restore old music player in Holiday Update 2022

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I’ve be hesitant to update to the new 2022 holiday update because I don’t like the new music player. I’ve been looking around to learn more, and I saw a video that was showing how you can restore the old music player if you swipe to a different card, I attached a screenshot below. Then I’ve also seen people saying that it isn’t possible, so I’m confused. The guy in the video had the music player full screen, so maybe it’s that? Please let me know so I can understand and make the decision to update. Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• 5C7CD3BE-170D-47FD-A5FE-197197E2F4AF.jpeg
    5C7CD3BE-170D-47FD-A5FE-197197E2F4AF.jpeg
    292.4 KB · Views: 377
Reactions: astrobill
I like having the mini music player available - it’s definitely easier to reach but agree with the issues others have posted. You should be able to remove it, especially if you’re not playing anything.

I find it rather ironic that with each successive update they are sequentially undoing all the ‘benefits’ that they were initially touting when they introduced v11 last year. To be clear, V11 was (and still is) a poorly thought out hack job; the stuff they’re adding back is largely addressing (some of) the major complaints with v11.

Upvote 0
Hi all,

I’ve be hesitant to update to the new 2022 holiday update because I don’t like the new music player. I’ve been looking around to learn more, and I saw a video that was showing how you can restore the old music player if you swipe to a different card, I attached a screenshot below. Then I’ve also seen people saying that it isn’t possible, so I’m confused. The guy in the video had the music player full screen, so maybe it’s that? Please let me know so I can understand and make the decision to update. Thanks for the help!

it puts it back on the right side as you see there, but only when the music app is full screen and covering the map. you can't dock it at the bottom of the map anymore, which is what we're saying should be put back as something you can do if you don't want to keep it on the left.

Upvote 0
I like the option of the cards, especially for tire pressure and trip info. But I really hope TESLA also brings back the ability to size the audio streaming window to share with the map. I'm pretty sure the previous iteration could be 1) full size, 2) mid size, or 3) docked at the bottom. That was ideal for me.

I'd like the tire pressure card to be shown each time I get into the driver seat for a few seconds then go away.

Reactions: rjpjnk
Upvote 0