Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Restricted Driving after New Tires Installed (help!)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had new tires installed on my car today at Discount Tire.

When I left I was still getting an air pressure notice. I quickly checked the tire config and it was set on 21". So I went in and corrected that to 19". After the reboot, I got a bunch of messages saying certain safety features were disabled. Called roadside and they won't help me since technically the car is still drivable.

Here is the screenshot...
Screen Shot 2019-09-21 at 4.33.01 PM.png

Ideas?

Power shutdown in Service menu does cure a lot of problems that the ‘reboot’ from the steering wheel doesn’t. Be sure to not touch anything for five minutes. Don’t touch controls, door, brake pedal, anything. Let the lights turn off and you should hear some relays as things clear out, etc. That shows it’s really shutting down.

Then you can open a door to power up again.

Power shutdown in Service menu does cure a lot of problems that the ‘reboot’ from the steering wheel doesn’t. Be sure to not touch anything for five minutes. Don’t touch controls, door, brake pedal, anything. Let the lights turn off and you should hear some relays as things clear out, etc. That shows it’s really shutting down.

Then you can open a door to power up again.
how do you find that on the main screen??

Just did the winter changeover from 21 to 19. So, remember that the car detects the change in TPMS and that is different from the new change wheel configuration in the service menu. I went through this process...

Change the wheels over
Drive until the car says change in TPMS detected. Watch the tire pressures populate after that message
Pull over and change the wheel configuration from 21 to 19. Car reboots.
No need to put into drive while this is happening to get the bug referenced above. It just happens as the car comes back to life. (2019.32.2.2)
Drive a couple of hundred feet to see exactly what no regen at all means. The car really can coast a while in that mode!
Leave car, let it lock. Go back in, notice that alerts are still there.
Put the car in drive, alerts clear and all is now fine.