Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

restricted regen - not fully charge, nor very cold

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have some doubts about the 5 degree difference - I am talking C here, not even F. It's now clear that regen is reduced below 20C/68F. At the time, it was reduced more somewhere around 8-10C (50F), maybe 12C, certainly not 15C. That makes a lot of difference in a region like here: more than 20C is at best 25% of my driving. more than 10 must be around 70%. And - given it's now hotter I can't now - but I suspect that, if at the time regen worked fully after about 20min, 30min max. When there will be around 0C/32F it will be expected that full regen takes an hour, if ever, to be reached. And if it's an hour, that practically means almost never given that an everage trip doesn't take that long.

I have some doubts about the 5 degree difference - I am talking C here, not even F. It's now clear that regen is reduced below 20C/68F. At the time, it was reduced more somewhere around 8-10C (50F), maybe 12C, certainly not 15C. That makes a lot of difference in a region like here: more than 20C is at best 25% of my driving. more than 10 must be around 70%. And - given it's now hotter I can't now - but I suspect that, if at the time regen worked fully after about 20min, 30min max. When there will be around 0C/32F it will be expected that full regen takes an hour, if ever, to be reached. And if it's an hour, that practically means almost never given that an everage trip doesn't take that long.

What firmware are you running?

Possible your car is not typical, someone else posted graph of temp and Regen and it was 50+ over 65 deg F.