Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Restricted spare parts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a way (read: backdoor?) to get restricted spare parts?

I understand this might be a long shot, but worth the question. Need two small cables between the slave charger and HVJB, nothing used to find (usually goes with the HVJB), and part is restricted, so can't buy it over the counter.

Maybe try calling your local tesla authorized body shop and ask if they can order the parts for you?
The idea being... he can't. The body shop won't sell those to you because Tesla won't release them to the body shop without a VIN and a record of the damage etc... body shop would lose its Tesla cert doing that.

OP, make your own or find a salvage car thats fked and try to bargain for those parts.

@ the rest of the forum.... If he was in Massachusetts, would Tesla be legally compelled to sell him those parts?

Thanks for all replies!

I am in Norway (Europe) where you can also buy all non-restricted parts and access service manuals. Sadly enough, restricted parts are not available despite this being against consumer law/right to repair here.

Part number is 1037648-00-A, ASY,HV HARN,JB_CHGR,AC/DC,SSBR,SLV,GEN2.

Should not be very pricey, but that doesn't help much when I can't get them. Making myself is an option, as I have the necessary tools for this, but I don't know the connector type. Have to look into this. Salvage car is possible, but often, the cables go with the HVJB, so it's usually gone.

Thanks for all replies!

I am in Norway (Europe) where you can also buy all non-restricted parts and access service manuals. Sadly enough, restricted parts are not available despite this being against consumer law/right to repair here.

Part number is 1037648-00-A, ASY,HV HARN,JB_CHGR,AC/DC,SSBR,SLV,GEN2.

Should not be very pricey, but that doesn't help much when I can't get them. Making myself is an option, as I have the necessary tools for this, but I don't know the connector type. Have to look into this. Salvage car is possible, but often, the cables go with the HVJB, so it's usually gone.

"Despite" meaning you haven't sent a strongly worded letter from your friend who is an attorney... yet. :)

I am looking at buying a salvage 2014 Model S with dual chargers and parting it out once I used off it what i need for repair of a second Model S.
BTW, is there a thread on here for offering parts for sale I did not see a link to "Market" or somesuch? Or where can I best post what I have for Model S owners who need parts?

I am looking at buying a salvage 2014 Model S with dual chargers and parting it out once I used off it what i need for repair of a second Model S.
BTW, is there a thread on here for offering parts for sale I did not see a link to "Market" or somesuch? Or where can I best post what I have for Model S owners who need parts?

There is a Facebook group for this. Search for "Tesla Parts Buy Sell Trade."

• Informative
Reactions: appleguru