Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Restricted UK Supercharger sites - parking restrictions / registering / pay to park etc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Non exhaustive list of UK Supercharger sites with restrictions such as waiting limits or registration requirements. This information should be treated as a guide only and information may be incorrect, incomplete or out of date.

I have started this in good faith but please can someone check and correct information below. Likewise, the formatting needs improving. Its a Wiki so up to forum contributors to maintain. If you find an error/omission, please fix if possible.

Official UK Supercharger list: Tesla Superchargers in United Kingdom | Tesla UK

Status​
Meaning​
GreenRestricted access
YellowUnlikely to be restriction for normal Supercharging
RedAction needed for Supercharging
NoneStatus TBA

Status​
Location​
Tesla Name​
Tesla Info​
Site Operator​
Parking Operator​
Road​
Restriction​
Comment​
Forum Link​
RedScotch Corner, North YorkshireScotch CornerScotch Corner Supercharger | Tesla UKHoliday Inn?A1(M) Scotch CornerFree Parking / Registration required / FineRegister car registration number at receptionSupercharger Scotch Corner Fine!
RedKing's Lynn, NorfolkKing's LynnKing's Lynn Supercharger | Tesla UKDragonfly Hotel?A10 / A47ANPR Monitored Site Access / FinesRegister car at receptionPCN at supercharger Kings Lynn despite reasonable efforts
RedNorthampton, East MidlandsNorthamptonNorthampton Supercharger | Tesla UKHotel CampanileParking Eye?M1 J15Free parking / Registration requiredRegister at Hotel ReceptionNorthampton supercharger - BE WARNED !!
GreenFosse Park, Leicester, East MidlandsLeicesterLeicester Supercharger | Tesla UKFosse ParkA563 for M1 J21Open 6am -midnightWiki - UK Supercharger Site News
YellowFleet Services, HampshireFleetFleet Supercharger | Tesla UKWelcome BreakParking Eye?M3 North J5/J4a2? hour free parking limitANPR services entry / exit. Pay for parking in WH Smith etc
Green
Yellow
Michaelwood Services, GloucestershireMichaelwood NorthboundMichaelwood Northbound Supercharger | Tesla UKWelcome Break / Days Inn?M5 North J3/J142 hour site limit. Northbound OnlyANPR services entry / exit. Register at Hotel reception if planning to stay longer than 2 hours
RedWashington, Tyne and WearWashingtonWashington Supercharger Tesla UKHotel CampanileParking EyeA1(M)Free parking / Registration requiredRegister at Hotel Reception
GreenWoodall, South YorkshireWoodall SouthboundWoodall Southbound Supercharger | Tesla UKWelcome BreakM1 J30/31 SouthSouthbound OnlyHeading northbound, access is possible via the A618 and the service road (but it's not a big detour to turn back at J31).
GreenEast Midlands Designer OutletMansfieldMansfield - East Midlands Designer OutletMcArthur GlenM1 J28 / A38Free parkingGet a free coffee 0800-2000 by going to guest services

Please feel free to contribute to this Wiki - all edits are journaled. Multiple users editing may result in changes being lost/overwritten. As a suggestion, before editing, add comment and name to top of page and remove when complete. This will give an indication to others that page is being edited and by whom.
Inverness Supercharger is inside a pay car park. Collect ticket on entry, and if you are just there to charge press the Intercom button on exit to be let out (for free).

Just got stung at Scotch corner. Gits - this is like a trap - who on earth would expect that Telsa hadn't made a clear arrangement, its totally out of the ordinary so why we would assume to have to register? there were no signs on the meters as I recall, and why would we even expect to when this isn't the norm?

It's crappy and really should be addressed by Tesla at all affected sites, but at Scotch Corner there are quite a few signs there warning you to register at reception. I've used that site about 15 times and never seen anybody that has not seen the signs....

Reactions: IanMcL
Newport Pagnell services closed at 8.30pm today and completely coned off. Use Northampton or the 3x Gridserve at Toddington.

Queue for petrol at all services on M1 was onto the slip road but easy to bypass at Toddington. Gridserve chargers are next to the Costa Drive-Thru.

They're 120kW and I got 68kW with a 25% SOC, so a bit "meh".

Just got stung at Scotch corner. Gits - this is like a trap - who on earth would expect that Telsa hadn't made a clear arrangement, its totally out of the ordinary so why we would assume to have to register? there were no signs on the meters as I recall, and why would we even expect to when this isn't the norm?

I have used this SC a few times now as its perfectly placed for a drive North from Leicestershire and my SR+ range and bladder are quite well matched at motorway speeds.
As others say, there are plenty of signs (one on each Tombstone I think) but when brains are set to neutral after a tiring drive it is possible even to miss them I guess.
I wouldn't have thought the hotel's position away from the services would attract cars being left for long periods to require parking enforcement so guess they were offered the "service" by Parking Eye as a revenue stream.

The problem is long standing, I have been staying at the hotel for years. The car park location lends itself to folks doing a meet up or car share and clogging up the parking for their customers. They put the system in many years ago before Tesla SuC and are very careful to get their guests to enter their car details on arrival. I am there next week with my new M3 LR for the first time.

Used the supercharger in The Chimes shopping centre Uxbridge. Charged £2.20 for parking. Tried the intercom at the barrier and explained that I was just charging and hadn't used a regular space etc but she was having none of it.
No warning in the car navigation. Nothing to say you had to pay even if just charging.
I know it's only a couple of quid but I think it should be clear. Have complained to both Tesla and the shopping centre. Will see.

Used the supercharger in The Chimes shopping centre Uxbridge. Charged £2.20 for parking. Tried the intercom at the barrier and explained that I was just charging and hadn't used a regular space etc but she was having none of it.
No warning in the car navigation. Nothing to say you had to pay even if just charging.
I know it's only a couple of quid but I think it should be clear. Have complained to both Tesla and the shopping centre. Will see.
i remember they had a longgggggg message on how to get charged on the map. I'm not by the car right now but I dont remember it talks about how to get rid of the charge (inverness and edinbrugh airport do, in a way or another)

For what it's worth, I got a PCN from the Moto services at Rugby on the M6. The signs (like pretty much all services) state that 2 hours free parking is allowed, after which you must pay.

We were there on the Friday evening, and again on the Sunday evening. We think the ANPR cameras missed the car on the way out on the Friday evening, due to heavy rain and I received a PCN for supposedly parking there for 47 hours.

I disputed the charge, using the logs from TeslaFi to demonstrate that we visited twice, and was able to give the missing times of our departure on the Friday night, and arrival on the Sunday evening.

It was an absolute nightmare dealing with the company. It was impossible to actually speak to anyone, but after a month, I finally had a reply that they'd dropped the charge.

Luke

For what it's worth, I got a PCN from the Moto services at Rugby on the M6. The signs (like pretty much all services) state that 2 hours free parking is allowed, after which you must pay.

[...]

It was an absolute nightmare dealing with the company. It was impossible to actually speak to anyone, but after a month, I finally had a reply that they'd dropped the charge.
I've had a couple of private parking penalties. In both cases there are extenuating circumstances but they didn't care. So I just left it. In both cases after a couple of very threatening letters they gave up.
It costs them a lot to actually take someone to court - their business model relies on them extracting as much money as possible for minimum effort. (Which is why there's no-one there to talk to.) If there's the slightest doubt over your case they simply won't bother.

No guarantee but I have charged at Folkestone Eurotunnel on at least seven occasions... a very lonely place ;-)

Ionity is there too.
There are even bonus ones if you're posh enough to Book Flexiplus. If you have a model X, however, I would stick to the peasants terminals. The ones in the Fekxiplus area are drive through ones and super tight

Was there yesterday, there are now notices adjacent to some bays saying that you are required to pay for parking. I'll use West Drayton or Oxford instead.

Reactions: Neilio