Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Restricted UK Supercharger sites - parking restrictions / registering / pay to park etc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Non exhaustive list of UK Supercharger sites with restrictions such as waiting limits or registration requirements. This information should be treated as a guide only and information may be incorrect, incomplete or out of date.

I have started this in good faith but please can someone check and correct information below. Likewise, the formatting needs improving. Its a Wiki so up to forum contributors to maintain. If you find an error/omission, please fix if possible.

Official UK Supercharger list: Tesla Superchargers in United Kingdom | Tesla UK

Status​
Meaning​
GreenRestricted access
YellowUnlikely to be restriction for normal Supercharging
RedAction needed for Supercharging
NoneStatus TBA

Status​
Location​
Tesla Name​
Tesla Info​
Site Operator​
Parking Operator​
Road​
Restriction​
Comment​
Forum Link​
RedScotch Corner, North YorkshireScotch CornerScotch Corner Supercharger | Tesla UKHoliday Inn?A1(M) Scotch CornerFree Parking / Registration required / FineRegister car registration number at receptionSupercharger Scotch Corner Fine!
RedKing's Lynn, NorfolkKing's LynnKing's Lynn Supercharger | Tesla UKDragonfly Hotel?A10 / A47ANPR Monitored Site Access / FinesRegister car at receptionPCN at supercharger Kings Lynn despite reasonable efforts
RedNorthampton, East MidlandsNorthamptonNorthampton Supercharger | Tesla UKHotel CampanileParking Eye?M1 J15Free parking / Registration requiredRegister at Hotel ReceptionNorthampton supercharger - BE WARNED !!
GreenFosse Park, Leicester, East MidlandsLeicesterLeicester Supercharger | Tesla UKFosse ParkA563 for M1 J21Open 6am -midnightWiki - UK Supercharger Site News
YellowFleet Services, HampshireFleetFleet Supercharger | Tesla UKWelcome BreakParking Eye?M3 North J5/J4a2 hour free parking limitANPR services entry / exit. Pay for parking in WH Smith etc
Green
Yellow
Michaelwood Services, GloucestershireMichaelwood NorthboundMichaelwood Northbound Supercharger | Tesla UKWelcome Break / Days Inn?M5 North J3/J142 hour site limit. Northbound OnlyANPR services entry / exit. Register at Hotel reception if planning to stay longer than 2 hours
RedWashington, Tyne and WearWashingtonWashington Supercharger Tesla UKHotel CampanileParking EyeA1(M)Free parking / Registration requiredRegister at Hotel Reception
GreenWoodall, South YorkshireWoodall SouthboundWoodall Southbound Supercharger | Tesla UKWelcome BreakM1 J30/31 SouthSouthbound OnlyHeading northbound, access is possible via the A618 and the service road (but it's not a big detour to turn back at J31).
GreenEast Midlands Designer OutletMansfieldMansfield - East Midlands Designer OutletMcArthur GlenM1 J28 / A38Free parkingGet a free coffee 0800-2000 by going to guest services
RedHeathrow Hilton Terminal 5Heathrow SuperchargerHeathrow Supercharger | Tesla UKHiltonPoyle RoadRegular parking rates apply
RedWestfield London (White City)London-Westfield LondonLondon-Westfield London | Tesla UKWestfieldWestfieldAriel WayRegular parking rates apply60 minutes free can be claimed at the Tesla store (only during opening hours) by entering your registration on the tablet.

Superchargers on the left wall are restricted to 30 minutes charging only.
Yellow
Wyboston Lakes, A1 BedfordshireWyboston Lakes ResortWyboston SuperchargerWyboston Lakes resortWyboston Lakes resortGreat North RoadFree parkingFollow main entrance road toward golf centre, Superchargers on left.
Toilets/shower block straight ahead of SC's, (signs state these are closed after 6.30pm)
RedTongham
Farnham, Surrey
TonghamTongham Supercharger | TeslaHogs Back HotelCivil EnforcementA31 EastboundANPR Monitored Site Access / FinesRegister at hotel reception to avoid automated fine.Supercharger PCN fine at new Tongham / Farnham
RedUxbridge, The ChimesUxbridgeUxbridge Supercharger | TeslaUxbridge, The ChimesThe ChimesMinimum parking fee applies, £2.20 for 1 hour
RedWest Drayton Tesla Service CentreWest DraytonLondon-Heathrow Supercharger | TeslaWest Drayton Tesla Service Centre30 minutes maximum
RedRenaissance Hotel, HeathrowHeathrow T2/T3London Heathrow Terminal 2 / Terminal 3MarriottMarriott / Renaissance HotelBath RdBarriers / ANPRMinimum £5 for up to 60 minutes, then £5/hr
RedEurocentral, ML1 4WQEurocentralEurocentral SuperchargerDakota HotelM8Registration required/ Pay for parkingRegister car registration number at receptionSuperchargers being increased in Scotland
RedRedbridge Park & Ride
Abingdon Rd OX1 4XG
Oxford, RedbridgeRedbridge, Oxford SuperchargerOxford City CouncilOxford Council / RingGoUp to 1 hour parking free, with car registrationRegister number plate on car parking machine, or via RingGo
RedThe Liberty Shopping Centre, RomfordRomfordRomford SuperchargerThe Liberty Shopping CentreThe Liberty Shopping CentreWestern RoadUp to 2 hours parking freeGo to Centre Management, near The Hammers shop on street level and show staff Tesla app
RedDerbion Shopping Centre, DerbyDerbyDerby SuperchargerDerbionLondon RoadRegular parking rates apply
60 minutes free can be claimed at the Derbion reception
RedCivic CentreLondon -BromleyLondon - Bromley SuperchargerStockwell CloseRegular parking rates apply
Red
Red
Red
Red
Red
Red

Please feel free to contribute to this Wiki - all edits are journaled. Multiple users editing may result in changes being lost/overwritten. As a suggestion, before editing, add comment and name to top of page and remove when complete. This will give an indication to others that page is being edited and by whom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Green / no restrictions at Adderstone Supercharger A1 near Berwick Upon Tweed

Attachments

• DE5A4684-BF1E-4A2F-8864-6364B4CB7E61.jpeg
    DE5A4684-BF1E-4A2F-8864-6364B4CB7E61.jpeg
    416 KB · Views: 1,056
There are sites on a motorway where there is only a site on one side like Michaelwood M5 and Woodall M1.
The fact that they are only easily accessible from one carriageway + details of how they can be accessed if travelling the other way if that is doable would be very handy and I think qualifies as "restricted" If anyone is able to add that?

There are sites on a motorway where there is only a site on one side like Michaelwood M5 and Woodall M1.

I've added/amended both these and clarified the Green status as restricted access. The intention of the table is to show problem sites only rather than all sites.

Ultimately red/yellow/green would be good as icons rather than text/colours - the original intent was a block of colour rather than text 'red' etc but the quick BBcode hacks I tried for block of colour didn't work.

Due to the clarification, I've removed the Eurocentral/Motherwell supercharger as it doesn't appear to have any restrictions - its just in a hotel car park. If I am wrong I can reinstate as within reason, all saves are journaled.

Also, if intending to edit please adhere to the warning about concurrent edits. We have already had a couple of instances of changes being lost. I'm equally guilty on one of these occasions. Whilst not infallible, putting a note at top that page is being edited and by whom should reduce the chances of a conflict. Even though saves should be journaled, its usually a PITA to sort out the mess especially as its a table.

Reactions: RichardTheKing
The method used was based upon the severity of not taking action. Red needs action, yellow needs action under some circumstances (ie extended stay), green needs no action but there may be some restrictions accessing the site. None is just a catchall if things are still being clarified.

At some point I hope to change to icons, so there will be no implied order of severity.

Reactions: Lonewulf45
Thanks for setting this up @VanillaAir_UK , it should be a useful reference and can be quoted e.g. for the regular posts about appealing parking fines (might be worth having a comment to approach site owner in the first instance if you do receive a fine but were using the Supercharger).

I'm an infrequent Supercharger user so don't have up-to-date information but a couple of general remarks:

I think all motorway service areas will have a default 2 hour waiting limit - at the time of writing it's noted for Michaelwood and Fleet but I'm pretty sure it applies across the board. I remember being told to register at Abington when staying at the motel overnight for example. I'm therefore not sure if 2 hr max stays are worth detailing, it's more important if you always have to register on arrival (e.g. Scotch Corner).

2-bay sites are likely to be slow due to (a) queuing, (b) sharing power on V2 superchargers, but the Nav does now warn you about this. I don't use any regularly (in fact I avoid them if possible) so no specific local tips.

I'm not a regular service centre visitor but I know many get choked up with car deliveries at the end of each quarter, so maybe worth listing them as restricted access.

As far as I know Tebay (southbound) is the only one-sided site where access is explicitly permitted via the service road. I think it's okay to access Woodall southbound via the service road but I don't recall signage stating so. I get the impression everywhere else is policed carefully, according to strict rules, by ?Highways England or the appropriate authority.

As mentioned above (East Midlands Designer Outlet) some sites offer perks for visitors, I think it's the case for the Landmark Hotel at Dundee but it's been a while so I'm not sure.

The red-amber-green colours appear to be causing some confusion, for example at time of writing both Fosse Park and Mansfield are green but the former has restricted opening hours. I would suggest red = action required on arrival, amber = limited access or other issue (not 24 hr or a service centre that gets busy). Green is normally taken to imply "carry on": no action needed. Maybe red-orange-yellow would be a better colour scheme?

Reactions: CMc1
Thanks for setting this up @VanillaAir_UK , it should be a useful reference and can be quoted e.g. for the regular posts about appealing parking fines (might be worth having a comment to approach site owner in the first instance if you do receive a fine but were using the Supercharger).

I'm an infrequent Supercharger user so don't have up-to-date information but a couple of general remarks:

I think all motorway service areas will have a default 2 hour waiting limit - at the time of writing it's noted for Michaelwood and Fleet but I'm pretty sure it applies across the board. I remember being told to register at Abington when staying at the motel overnight for example. I'm therefore not sure if 2 hr max stays are worth detailing, it's more important if you always have to register on arrival (e.g. Scotch Corner).

2-bay sites are likely to be slow due to (a) queuing, (b) sharing power on V2 superchargers, but the Nav does now warn you about this. I don't use any regularly (in fact I avoid them if possible) so no specific local tips.

I'm not a regular service centre visitor but I know many get choked up with car deliveries at the end of each quarter, so maybe worth listing them as restricted access.

As far as I know Tebay (southbound) is the only one-sided site where access is explicitly permitted via the service road. I think it's okay to access Woodall southbound via the service road but I don't recall signage stating so. I get the impression everywhere else is policed carefully, according to strict rules, by ?Highways England or the appropriate authority.

As mentioned above (East Midlands Designer Outlet) some sites offer perks for visitors, I think it's the case for the Landmark Hotel at Dundee but it's been a while so I'm not sure.

The red-amber-green colours appear to be causing some confusion, for example at time of writing both Fosse Park and Mansfield are green but the former has restricted opening hours. I would suggest red = action required on arrival, amber = limited access or other issue (not 24 hr or a service centre that gets busy). Green is normally taken to imply "carry on": no action needed. Maybe red-orange-yellow would be a better colour scheme?
What's the position on parking charges at Westfield White City?

I am due to set off for Oban from the South of England tomorrow. Instead, I am contemplating leaving tonight and sleeping in vehicle at a stop. The problem with services is a 3 hour limit.
I was contemplating Burtonwood or Charnock Richard but would be there more than 3 hours. Anyone know if either place is OK without incurring a fine or suggest alternatives?
Cheers

I am due to set off for Oban from the South of England tomorrow. Instead, I am contemplating leaving tonight and sleeping in vehicle at a stop. The problem with services is a 3 hour limit.
I was contemplating Burtonwood or Charnock Richard but would be there more than 3 hours. Anyone know if either place is OK without incurring a fine or suggest alternatives?
Cheers
I'd suggest just setting off early morning instead if that's an option for you, I did Glasgow -> London a few weeks ago on a Sunday - set off at 4 am and it was a pleasant early morning drive with very quiet charging stops.

Reactions: Stuart Watson
Cheers
They are both Welcome Break and have 2 hour free parking limits.

In between both locations is J23 of the M6 known as Haydock Island which is the intersection of the M6/A580/A49. There is a lay-by near the junction on the A580 where I see trucks and cars parking overnight. To get to it, come off the M6 at J23 and head towards Manchester on the A580, keeping in the right hand lane as you exit J23 and turn right onto the A580. After a mile or so, go around the roundabout and head back towards the M6. The lay-by is on the left before you come to the junction.

You can also get to it by coming off at J22, which a sat nav may use, but is a little more complicated to describe.

I’ve never used it, but see people regularly using it.

They are both Welcome Break and have 2 hour free parking limits.

In between both locations is J23 of the M6 known as Haydock Island which is the intersection of the M6/A580/A49. There is a lay-by near the junction on the A580 where I see trucks and cars parking overnight. To get to it, come off the M6 at J23 and head towards Manchester on the A580, keeping in the right hand lane as you exit J23 and turn right onto the A580. After a mile or so, go around the roundabout and head back towards the M6. The lay-by is on the left before you come to the junction.

You can also get to it by coming off at J22, which a sat nav may use, but is a little more complicated to describe.

I’ve never used it, but see people regularly using it.
Thanks Stuart. Very useful.