Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Restricting Sales of Model 3 to AWD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have I miss a basic change in Model 3 production? I was delighted a friend just purchased Model 3 for delivery near New Years. Then I learned he was told it was only available at this time with 4-wheel-drive; i.e.:Dual Motor! Really? He wasn't given a choice! When did that happen? Or is there some shell games being played at the local level. ... “intentionally lead customers into higher priced models? Or a local representative selling only the Dual Engine Options to build his stature? I’d rather not identify the location before I get some feedback .

....Or a local representative selling only the Dual Engine Options to build his stature? I’d rather not identify the location before I get some feedback .
Tesla's are only sold on-line and through Tesla Stores. There are NO dealerships or 3ed party sales. So no matter where you are buying from it is the same basic experience and exact same product line. Go to Tesla.com and just order the car you want.

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 6.27.26 AM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: mazers
Have I miss a basic change in Model 3 production? I was delighted a friend just purchased Model 3 for delivery near New Years. Then I learned he was told it was only available at this time with 4-wheel-drive; i.e.:Dual Motor! Really? He wasn't given a choice! When did that happen? Or is there some shell games being played at the local level. ... “intentionally lead customers into higher priced models? Or a local representative selling only the Dual Engine Options to build his stature? I’d rather not identify the location before I get some feedback .
The Long Range is only available as AWD. Maybe that's the confusion?