Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Results for P85D round trip drive from Seattle WA to Silicon Valley, CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was able to get some good watt-hours per mile numbers going up and coming back. Apologies but most are screenshots of my trip energy usage, will take some time to put into machine readable data.

However, anecdotally I was able to glean some insights. I got the .140 firmware for the ride back.

1) Torque sleep helps best when under 75 mph. I saw a huge difference between 70 mph cruising and 75-80 mph.
2) Rain annuls torque sleep's abilities. My highest per watt hours per mile usage was in driving heavy rain in Oregon. I suspect it's because all tires were feeling slippage and couldn't sleep for long. Was in the low 500s travelling at 70-75 mph.
3) You will get more miles per distance, but it's moot if you're driving between superchargers. I stopped at each and every supercharger because they're just out of comfortable range for the P85D to skip a supercharger. As such, you tend to speed more knowing you'll hit a charger.

Least used supercharger: The Dalles, Oregon. Only my Tesla there entire time.
Most used supercharger: Vacaville. We actually had all 8 slots filled with 4 other Teslas coming and going.

I was able to get some good watt-hours per mile numbers going up and coming back. Apologies but most are screenshots of my trip energy usage, will take some time to put into machine readable data.

However, anecdotally I was able to glean some insights. I got the .140 firmware for the ride back.

1) Torque sleep helps best when under 75 mph. I saw a huge difference between 70 mph cruising and 75-80 mph.
2) Rain annuls torque sleep's abilities. My highest per watt hours per mile usage was in driving heavy rain in Oregon. I suspect it's because all tires were feeling slippage and couldn't sleep for long. Was in the low 500s travelling at 70-75 mph.
3) You will get more miles per distance, but it's moot if you're driving between superchargers. I stopped at each and every supercharger because they're just out of comfortable range for the P85D to skip a supercharger. As such, you tend to speed more knowing you'll hit a charger.

Least used supercharger: The Dalles, Oregon. Only my Tesla there entire time.
Most used supercharger: Vacaville. We actually had all 8 slots filled with 4 other Teslas coming and going.

So what was your data from your trip? What was your mileage and energy usage?