TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Retention of registration mark

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by malix, Dec 3, 2014.

1. malix

malix Member

Hi all,

I have a question about the procedure to keep my car plate number. I'm going to pick up my Tesla soon and DS asked me to provide him the certificate of retention.
    My question is, after applying for retention of registration mark with TD, they will assign a new mark to my current car, but do I need to go right away to a garage to put on the new plate or do we have a delay like few days ?

Thanks

2. 3fiftynine

3fiftynine Member

I just did what you described last week. You go TD with your current registration paper and screen label, pay up to retain your current registration #, you have a new # for your current car. So you shouldn't be driving around with a new registration screen label and number plate of the retained registration #. Now drive to nearby shop pay up $200 to have new front/rear plates done.

3. Vmax

Vmax Member

You need to fix the new plates right away. Basically at the same moment when you stick the new license in the car window.

4. malix

malix Member

Ok, thanks a lot for your answer !