Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Retint back window?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had the rear window replaced due to stress crack. Tesla really hit it out of the park on quality control with these cars. LOL Anyway, the prior owner tinted the whole thing so I assumed I was retinting the back. The shop wants 429 plus tax and I don't know that I can really justify that as I picked up the car tonight and it doesn't look really bad or out of place or anything. When I looked from the outside I couldn't really tell.

Anyone have any thoughts?

No more than 200.00 OTD.
I know its been a bit, but that isn't true around here unfortunately, called another place that is actually open weekends and convenient that was recommended by another model 3 guy and they were still in the 3's. Still debating if its worth it. The headlights are a bit annoying now at night even with the dimming rear view, but other than that, it doesn't look bad or anything.

I know its been a bit, but that isn't true around here unfortunately, called another place that is actually open weekends and convenient that was recommended by another model 3 guy and they were still in the 3's. Still debating if its worth it. The headlights are a bit annoying now at night even with the dimming rear view, but other than that, it doesn't look bad or anything.

I'd skip it. I'm about to get mine tinted, and doing sides only. The rear glass is already dark most of the way down anyway.

Tim

I'd skip it. I'm about to get mine tinted, and doing sides only. The rear glass is already dark most of the way down anyway.

Tim
Yes, that is my thoughts, but the lights in back are brutal now, I really thought my auto tinting rear view mirror wasn't working at first. I also checked and the 429 price is the second shop, the first shop that did it originally was at 470.