Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Retiring the "TMC" style and other forum changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure. Try doing software update and see if that comes up with anything. OS X 10.8 is pretty sweet if your computer is able to run that.

Did that but no dice. Unfortunately, 10.8 breaks too many things and takes away a lot of the good stuff. Also OS X server upgrades have been a very painful experience, so I don't do them unless there is a very compelling reason.

Did that but no dice. Unfortunately, 10.8 breaks too many things and takes away a lot of the good stuff. Also OS X server upgrades have been a very painful experience, so I don't do them unless there is a very compelling reason.

Sorry, I forgot you're in IT, right? You know way more about this stuff than I do. That's strange that none of the videos work. When did all this start for you?

Sorry, I forgot you're in IT, right? You know way more about this stuff than I do. That's strange that none of the videos work. When did all this start for you?

It started right after the site upgrade.

- - - Updated - - -

And I found the answer. The forum wants Safari to be in 32 bit mode. My guess is that something in the new forum software changed and it no longer supports 64bit. This might just be a configuration setting.

And I found the answer. The forum wants Safari to be in 32 bit mode. My guess is that something in the new forum software changed and it no longer supports 64bit. This might just be a configuration setting.
A web search shows more than a handful of hits talking about Safari needing to be in 32-bit mode for videos. Seems like a more generalized problem than TMC. Not sure how/why it worked before.

It started right after the site upgrade.

- - - Updated - - -

Great. That seems to be fixed in 10.7 and 10.8 since I've been running them in 64 bit mode for Safari.