Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Retractable handle back plate (door cup) paint protection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have paint protection film applied to the back plate that comes up behind the retractable handle? I'm referring to the area where a traditional car would call "door cup", see picture attached (the white plate that has the same color of the car door and recessed a bit into the door).

I'm wondering if it will start scratching up like traditional door cup as time goes by without paint protection film. Does anyone who had the car for over a year here have this issue?

Thanks!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428227706.532660.jpg

Well over two years and absolutely no issues, I think since it’s designed so when it’s extended it’s flush with the body and extended pretty far, you never hit the back plate with your fingers (at least I don’t) sample of one, I know.. but I think you should be fine.

Thanks for the info. Anyone else have issues with scratching the paint behind the handle? On every car that I've owned so far, all of them have scratches in the door cup (not only from driver side, but also from passenger sides as well)...