Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Retrieving trip data

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am on a Seattle to Boston trek right now. I’d love to pour over the trip details from the car navigation system. Is there any way to download it so I could look over the details? I know how to go from my phone to the nav supystem—any way to do it in reverse?

I am on the trip now, too exhausted from driving and would like to look at the details when I’m home and more rested,

I don't think Tesla saves your trip data for a long duration. It might intermittently transmit to the headquarter a short clip of your data in case there's a collision event that triggered it to save that clip.

To record your trip data, you'll need to either do it yourself with Visible Tesla or pay for a Trip Recorder Service such as Teslascope.com, Teslafi.com...

You can sign up for a free trial now so they can start recording your trip data and if you don't like it, you don't pay when the trial expires.

The downside for those services: They are not screened by Tesla so we have no idea if they have any criminal records or intents. It's just like giving your ATM card password to a stranger that's not certified by any law enforcement agency.

Reactions: Neanor and GtiMart
Upvote 0