TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Retro fit AP 2.5 to 3.0 is starting to happen

Discussion in 'Model X' started by mattack4000, Sep 6, 2019.

1. VT_EE

VT_EE Active Member

According to the article it's only happening on S and X right now and only if you already have a service appointment.

2. NHK X

NHK X Member

3. csriram45

csriram45 Member

Just reached out to my Dublin Service Center as I have an upcoming appointment and according my service advisor the 3.0 upgrade is not available yet there.

4. electronblue

electronblue Active Member

Good info, thank you.

It just completely by chance was a social media influencer? :)

• Like x 3
  5. csriram45

csriram45 Member

My Service Rep just texted me saying that the upgrade is being done VIN specific and Tesla will let me know when my VIN comes up. Not sure if this is true but if anyone hears more about it that will be great. My service is coming up in 2 weeks and they are gonna have to keep the car for few days. I would rather have them get this done as well if possible vs having to take it back again.

6. Ryshaw

Ryshaw Member

Thanks csisram45, appreciate the insight, and look forward to hearing how it goes. I’m assuming you’ve got AP2.5?

Has anyone been able to confirm an AP2.0 being either upgraded, or in the queue? As an AP2.0 owner, I’m fearing that we will see a much later upgrade here than others.

• Like x 5
  7. rking0122

rking0122 Member

Lol, I am in the same boat, just with an MS. Also in Scottsdale. Hi neighbor.

• Like x 1
  8. csriram45

csriram45 Member

I am actually AP2.0 which is why trying to get more info as I think as AP2.0 we are gonna be forgotten.. or the hope is that by the time they get to us buns of folks would have bought the next X and so they don't have to do the retrofit...

• Like x 1
  9. NHK X

NHK X Member

H
    haha yeah of course, they definitely playing the game. But could also be random luck, don’t know how well they track anything, unless you are Like Tesla or Tesla Bjorne.

10. mattack4000

mattack4000 Active Member

They have group 1, 2 (possibly more). 1 is getting it first (likely AP2.5, MCU2 first)

• Like x 2
  11. rking0122

rking0122 Member

If AP2.0 is neglected, then AP2.0 owners with FSD just need to be the squeaky wheels. As I understood it, there wasn't much MCU1 or 2 had to do with FSD, but, who knows.

• Like x 1
  12. electronblue

electronblue Active Member

Personally I don’t AP2 will be neglected entirely (even I am not that sceptical!) but it will be interesting to see if they try to do the ”right” thing and offer any kind of sembalance of priority for AP2 or if instead they do the logistically ”prudent” thing and leave us dead last.

I am ready to be positively surprised, Tesla.

• Like x 2
  13. azred

azred Active Member

Not again. It is way too soon.

For about the hundredth time in this forum, if you have purchased FSD you will get FSD and that means HW3. So said Elon Musk directly, yet the misinformation continues to rear its head about every other week,

• Like x 3
    • Disagree x 1
  14. blee321

blee321 Member

+1

15. mattack4000

mattack4000 Active Member

I personally think they will be last to get upgrade unfortunately

16. teethdood

teethdood Member

AP2 will be the last to get the upgrade before FSD. That is because the old cameras will get swapped out as well.
    #hoping

• Funny x 1
  17. rking0122

rking0122 Member

Not sure who is confused. AP2 owners like me know we are getting HW3. If we are neglected in terms of waiting until last as the prior poster mentioned, then we need to be vocal about it. Thats all.

• Like x 2
  18. VT_EE

VT_EE Active Member

I'm in no rush until there is software that needs HW3.

19. cuspie

cuspie Supporting Member

Well, I would like to have the updated FSD software with my HW3 upgrade ... But ...

I want my dashcam and sentry mode to work ... That software is available and works well on my wife's Raven Model X with HW3 ... As a AP2 owner ... I get the icons but no functionality until I get the HW3 upgrade.

Yes, there is value added software available that needs HW3 so bring on the upgrades!

20. bikeandsail

bikeandsail Member

Musk never said we would get dashcam or sentry mode, only FSD. As and owner of a 2.0 car I am happy to wait.