Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Retro fit AP 2.5 to 3.0 is starting to happen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Service Rep just texted me saying that the upgrade is being done VIN specific and Tesla will let me know when my VIN comes up. Not sure if this is true but if anyone hears more about it that will be great. My service is coming up in 2 weeks and they are gonna have to keep the car for few days. I would rather have them get this done as well if possible vs having to take it back again.

My Service Rep just texted me saying that the upgrade is being done VIN specific and Tesla will let me know when my VIN comes up. Not sure if this is true but if anyone hears more about it that will be great. My service is coming up in 2 weeks and they are gonna have to keep the car for few days. I would rather have them get this done as well if possible vs having to take it back again.
Thanks csisram45, appreciate the insight, and look forward to hearing how it goes. I’m assuming you’ve got AP2.5?

Has anyone been able to confirm an AP2.0 being either upgraded, or in the queue? As an AP2.0 owner, I’m fearing that we will see a much later upgrade here than others.

Thanks csisram45, appreciate the insight, and look forward to hearing how it goes. I’m assuming you’ve got AP2.5?

Has anyone been able to confirm an AP2.0 being either upgraded, or in the queue? As an AP2.0 owner, I’m fearing that we will see a much later upgrade here than others.

I am actually AP2.0 which is why trying to get more info as I think as AP2.0 we are gonna be forgotten.. or the hope is that by the time they get to us buns of folks would have bought the next X and so they don't have to do the retrofit...

Reactions: Ryshaw
Personally I don’t AP2 will be neglected entirely (even I am not that sceptical!) but it will be interesting to see if they try to do the ”right” thing and offer any kind of sembalance of priority for AP2 or if instead they do the logistically ”prudent” thing and leave us dead last.

I am ready to be positively surprised, Tesla.

If AP2.0 is neglected, then AP2.0 owners with FSD just need to be the squeaky wheels. As I understood it, there wasn't much MCU1 or 2 had to do with FSD, but, who knows.
Not again. It is way too soon.

For about the hundredth time in this forum, if you have purchased FSD you will get FSD and that means HW3. So said Elon Musk directly, yet the misinformation continues to rear its head about every other week,

Not again. It is way too soon.

For about the hundredth time in this forum, if you have purchased FSD you will get FSD and that means HW3. So said Elon Musk directly, yet the misinformation continues to rear its head about every other week,
Not sure who is confused. AP2 owners like me know we are getting HW3. If we are neglected in terms of waiting until last as the prior poster mentioned, then we need to be vocal about it. Thats all.

I'm in no rush until there is software that needs HW3.

Well, I would like to have the updated FSD software with my HW3 upgrade ... But ...

I want my dashcam and sentry mode to work ... That software is available and works well on my wife's Raven Model X with HW3 ... As a AP2 owner ... I get the icons but no functionality until I get the HW3 upgrade.

Yes, there is value added software available that needs HW3 so bring on the upgrades!

Well, I would like to have the updated FSD software with my HW3 upgrade ... But ...

I want my dashcam and sentry mode to work ... That software is available and works well on my wife's Raven Model X with HW3 ... As a AP2 owner ... I get the icons but no functionality until I get the HW3 upgrade.

Yes, there is value added software available that needs HW3 so bring on the upgrades!
Musk never said we would get dashcam or sentry mode, only FSD. As and owner of a 2.0 car I am happy to wait.