TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Retro Fit: Roadster Double DIN Radio Installed

Discussion in 'Accessories and Audio - Sponsored' started by A-E, Feb 28, 2015.

1. A-E

A-E Vendor

For those of you Roadster owners that have an early model single DIN size radio unfortunately Tesla no longer offers the parts necessary to turn it into a double DIN size radio with relocated AC vents. Up until recently you could have purchase those parts from Tesla parts department, but they are not in stock anywhere in the country according to Tesla.

We have perfected a solution for those of you that want a double DIN radio. Unfortunately this is not something that we can ship to you. Each kit needs to be fabricated in our store and upholstered to match your interior.

We offer a wide range of Alpine, Kenwood and Pioneer double DIN size radio/navigation units to choose from. See attached images of a car that we recently completed for a local owner. Contact us for any Roadster customization.

TZ8A3295.jpg TZ8A3301.jpg TZ8A3378.jpg TZ8A3380.jpg TZ8A3391.jpg TZ8A3401.jpg TZ8A3405.jpg TZ8A3408.jpg TZ8A3419.jpg

2. jbadger

jbadger Roadster #506

I just converted mine with the OEM (carbon fiber) parts a few weeks ago, but this is really clean. Good job!

3. A-E

A-E Vendor

Yes there are still a few carbon fiber parts left, but very expensive. Thank you for compliments on our work.

4. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Wow. Looks great! That conversion is on my list. But waited not for Tesla to release the 3.0 upgrade pricing. Can't do everything...

5. glight2000

glight2000 Member

Beautiful work. How long would we have to leave the car?

6. A-E

A-E Vendor

Thank you. This project takes about 3-5 days to complete. Please call Max (store manager) with any questions at 310.854.5454

7. glight2000

glight2000 Member

That is absolutely spectacular work. I have 2 problems: 1) I'm located in San Diego; and 2) my newly purchased roadster is being delivered on Sat, so I may not be willing to part with it for awhile. I'll get there...