Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Retro-fitting HEPA filter in Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, you'd better say ;)
For me – this helps in figuring out what part-numbers to order, when I need to replace the filters.

😮‍💨 Can you repeat that? I couldn't hear you over my dirty lungs coughs 😮‍💨

Are you hoping to find these part numbers on eBay or similar sites for cheaper then at Tesla or would you be opening a service ticket asking specifically for these part numbers?

😮‍💨 Can you repeat that? I couldn't hear you over my dirty lungs coughs 😮‍💨

Are you hoping to find these part numbers on eBay or similar sites for cheaper then at Tesla or would you be opening a service ticket asking specifically for these part numbers?
There are plenty options in this world. Specifically, these ones are manufactured by MANN, so why not figure out the way to get them directly from MANN? A bit of an effort, but in Russia - we don't have Tesla service centers at all, so have to be creative!

Do I understand correctly? Bioweapon mode isn't constant filtration, but rather an occasional "blast" of cabin air clean-up, recirculated air only on high speed (noisy!) fan?
How is this beneficial on a 24/7 basis?

How can anyone put a price on clean air? I would buy any Tesla with Hepa. Guess that means I would never own a Model 3.

Do I understand correctly? Bioweapon mode isn't constant filtration, but rather an occasional "blast" of cabin air clean-up, recirculated air only on high speed (noisy!) fan?
How is this beneficial on a 24/7 basis?
Yep, you understand correctly. You need to select the mode and then the fan goes on the highest speed which is rather annoying to listen to. Unless there is some unusual smell/smoke outside I would never use it. That being said I do have this option in the S, still trying to figure out why they went to all this trouble/expense except for those in California with constant fires/smoke around them where it would be beneficial. Definitely not something I am going to install on the Y or sad mine did not have it when built. Not sure what the replacement filter costs but I do believe they are at least $250 and a pita to change out.