Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Retro-fitting HEPA filter in Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2020 doesn't have the locater holes. Has anyone else faced this and what did you do about it? Drill holes (how to get the correct location) or cut off the nubs?

Also, how do you remove the old "air scoop?" I don't want to pull too hard.
The place I went a garage for electric car. I have a june 2020 and they have put 3m tapes instead of drilling. they told me they have done it that way for a few cars already and I should stick there

Reactions: Itsuo-DC
I'm dropping it off Friday to have the coolant reservoir(?) topped up. (I'm guessing no one else noticed it was low when they were installing the new filter housing?)

I'll also ask about options for including BWM.

No dice when I asked about last weekend when the car was in for service.

Attachments

• F6FB541A-5C07-47CE-88E2-1A3E79F78F27.jpeg
    F6FB541A-5C07-47CE-88E2-1A3E79F78F27.jpeg
    139.1 KB · Views: 208
Reactions: jd007
Here is the he actual request.

Customer requests: Additionally I would like to enable Bio Defense Mode (BDM) on my
car, I already installed the upgraded HEPA filter, intake and cowl. I need you to enable BDM so that the car software recognizes the filter and adjust fan speed accordingly.

Technician Updated Vehicle Configuration. Verified BioHazard Mode is now active on the vehicle and works properly. verified proper operation

Agreed, it shouldn't be up to luck. However I think they are focused on production and innovation not prioritization of retrofits. if released officially it would be at least $500. At least we have a way to get newer features and improvements over the counter, unlike any other car manufacturer. I hope at some point they make it easier or automatic for their software to recognize new components.

Reactions: alexcue
Finally parts came in and ready to pick up. Burbank said they will charge $240 if I self install and for them to verify the work and enable the button. Alhambra said it isn't possible. Jealous at those who were able to get their SC to enable it. Just not worth $400 for the time being.

• Informative
Reactions: Itsuo-DC
Mobile ranger came out to change my cabin filters. I asked him how often I needed to change the HEPA filter, and how to enable bio mode. He could not find the button so he called a more senior ranger. Senior asked if there was a HEPA installed. Junior popped the frunk and said yes.

Senior tried to walk Junior through the laptop application, but then showed up since junior didn’t have the right access.

Mobile ranger came out to change my cabin filters. I asked him how often I needed to change the HEPA filter, and how to enable bio mode. He could not find the button so he called a more senior ranger. Senior asked if there was a HEPA installed. Junior popped the frunk and said yes.

Senior tried to walk Junior through the laptop application, but then showed up since junior didn’t have the right access.

Are you also in San Bruno? I’m installing the filter right now. Let me know if you have any luck with the button, I might want a reference to the tech;)

I hate how this bs dance needs to be done…