Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Retro fitting of front fog lights (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an upcoming service appointment and noticed in my app under View Estimate it says Retrofit Front Fog Lights £0.00
I have the black plastic blanks on mine, I’m assuming that’s where they go.
Didn’t know I was due to get them!

If you were an early order, SR had fog lights on the configuration page. Likewise LR and Performance had Homelink and front boot mat. Maybe, just maybe, after the Premium Connectivity resolution, Tesla have decided to pro actively update cars to order spec? They certainly didn't seem to put up a fight when people queried missing hardware items.

• Informative
Reactions: m3p_uk
How did you manage to do that? Was it via email or setup appointment in app?
I know off topic but...

In-app service appointment > upgrade category > asked for Homelink retrofit due to original order having Homelink as part of order description when ordered May 2019. Quoted similar faff to Premium Connectivity which now resolved so would like this resolved too.

Reactions: m3p_uk
Looks like LED fog lights were removed from spec sometime between Jun 4th and 16th July 2019, So for SR ordered August, I would say not.

upload_2020-11-13_20-35-4.png

Looks like LED fog lights were removed from spec sometime between Jun 4th and 16th July 2019, So for SR ordered August, I would say not.

View attachment 608049
Thanks, I was probably remembering the spec in june July, and by the time I ordered they removed it, annoyingly.... also considering my order was delayed by a good couple of weeks as when o finally bit the bullet Elon decided to change the FOC colour and pricing so all the lease companies didnt know what to do....