Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Retrofit CCS compatibility onto earlier (NA) Model 3 - DIY approach

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My order from the 8th also got canceled.
No idea who these people are but just found this: Tesla CCS Combo 1 Adapter for USA DC Fast Charging
Here’s another option also. Can’t speak to the legitimacy but these folks seem to have made their own version and currently taking preorders: A2Z EV SHOP - A2Z THUNDERSTORM PLUG - CSS1 150KW - FAST CHARGE ADAPTER
I'm tempted to buy from tesplus.com, but just wanted to know if anyone's bought from them and how was the experience. Looks like they sell driver screens for the M3/Y but that's all I could find in this forum.

I'm also super tempted to buy from a2zevshop.com, but I feel kinda weirded out buying a 3rd party adapter for my neighbor so I think I'll hold of...

I also wonder if Tesla cutting off Harumio means the adapter will be available in NA soon or not...

• Informative
Reactions: VegasMYP
I did the upgrade today. Charges at home just fine. CSS is now showing enabled. Haven't test supercharging.

Only bad part is now I have an error. CP _a103 - Charge port requires service "Charging may be unavalible".

Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_8180.jpeg
    IMG_8180.jpeg
    596.3 KB · Views: 160
I did the upgrade today. Charges at home just fine. CSS is now showing enabled. Haven't test supercharging.

Only bad part is now I have an error. CP _a103 - Charge port requires service "Charging may be unavalible".

Thoughts?
Head back into Service Mode (should be open-access after 2022.16.x - if you're not FSD Beta) and look at the Service Alerts there. You're only seeing the "customer" visible messages - the actual reason is probably hidden behind a "service-fix" message. Curious what you find...

sign up at Delivered to get an address (ignore all their instructions about ordering - they're wrong, don't use their "form"!), order the adapter directly on the Tesla Korea site, provide the address that Delivered gave you, and then when the adapter arrives at Delivered, you can (again, ignore their instructions... ask me how I know!) just select the package to be shipped to you, and pay for it there.
Ok, to follow along, signed up for the Delivered and it gave me an address however the "shipping address" portion of the Tesla KR site complains about the "address 2" portion which mine reads B###, Suite C#### with "(여기에 입력해 주세요 - 상세 주소 2) Please enter here - Address 2"

Initially putting in the "address 1" portion, it changes "address 2" to "(우동)" (Udon)?

The number formatting from delivered is ###-###-#### (npa-nxx style) on the site, but the Tesla KR is(+82) ##-####-####, but I assume that doesn't matter.

Do you ignore the error about "address 2" and force it the B, Suite portion?

Of note, if I remove the leading 'B', the error goes away...

Last edited:
Ok, to follow along, signed up for the Delivered and it gave me an address however the "shipping address" portion of the Tesla KR site complains about the "address 2" portion which mine reads B###, Suite C#### with "(여기에 입력해 주세요 - 상세 주소 2) Please enter here - Address 2"

Initially putting in the "address 1" portion, it changes "address 2" to "(우동)" (Udon)?

The number formatting from delivered is ###-###-#### (npa-nxx style) on the site, but the Tesla KR is(+82) ##-####-####, but I assume that doesn't matter.

Do you ignore the error about "address 2" and force it the B, Suite portion?

Of note, if I remove the leading 'B', the error goes away...
Oooh. Yeah, I remember some weird address formatting weirdness.

I took some clues from this Reddit post in my case: - see the screenshots at the bottom.

Any help there?

I'm tempted to buy from tesplus.com, but just wanted to know if anyone's bought from them and how was the experience. Looks like they sell driver screens for the M3/Y but that's all I could find in this forum.
The slightly concerning part is the site has "Hansshow Tech" in the "contact us" and sells similar product as the "HANSSHOW Store" on amazon (which shares a logo and products on Hansshow Auto Parts), but they do not show a physical address.

BUT, the "seller" on amazon also has at least two store pages "tesplus" and "HANSSHOW Store"

• Informative
Reactions: adam19
Head back into Service Mode (should be open-access after 2022.16.x - if you're not FSD Beta) and look at the Service Alerts there. You're only seeing the "customer" visible messages - the actual reason is probably hidden behind a "service-fix" message. Curious what you find...
This is what i am seeing in service mode. I just happen to have two charge port ECUs. The one I am using came from europe. The other is from the states. I wonder if that is the issue. I am also seeing that the car thinks the charger is plugged into the car. I have to manually override it when putting the car into drive.

Thoughts?

IMG_8184.jpeg

IMG_8181.jpeg

This is what i am seeing in service mode. I just happen to have two charge port ECUs. The one I am using came from europe. The other is from the states. I wonder if that is the issue. I am also seeing that the car thinks the charger is plugged into the car. I have to manually override it when putting the car into drive.

Thoughts?

View attachment 829000

View attachment 828996
Well--... yeah? You're using a European ECU? 😂

What's its part number? Don't tell me it's 1537264-20-B. 😂

As to those messages, the APP_ one looks like another problem elsewhere in the car. The CP_ one at the bottom is the primary issue (that causes the top DI_ one). Prox pin isn't working right -- and that could be because of the EU ECU (it handles prox differently than the NA ECU does). However, if you're using a 1537264-00-B, I'd be curious... if your Bundle perhaps has the prox wire out of place. It's the lone white wire in the Bundle. Can you take a look at that?

Hi everyone. May be some one can explain difference between 3 ecu ( p1537263-30-b, 1537264-00-b, 1537264-20-b) on tesla m3 05/19?
1537263-30-b - doesn't exist? Never heard of it - plus, is that number correct (*3, not *4)? In any case, I'm not familiar with a -30- variant.
1537264-00-b - this is the NA Gen4 charge port ECU, meant to be used with Gen4 cars (black trim/heat pump/etc, used on Model 3s after Oct 2020, and all Model Ys), can be unofficially adapted to work with Gen3 cars using the Bundle. this one includes CCS support (PLC modem).
1537264-20-b - this is the EU Gen4 charge port ECU, similar to the NA one except made for the EU Type2 charge port.

None of these are original parts for a NA Model 3 made on 05/19. That would be 1092755-99-D. (or -98- also common).

Of course, if your car is an EU model, it should already have a CCS port! 😄

1537263-30-b - doesn't exist? Never heard of it - plus, is that number correct (*3, not *4)? In any case, I'm not familiar with a -30- variant.
1537264-00-b - this is the NA Gen4 charge port ECU, meant to be used with Gen4 cars (black trim/heat pump/etc, used on Model 3s after Oct 2020, and all Model Ys), can be unofficially adapted to work with Gen3 cars using the Bundle. this one includes CCS support (PLC modem).
1537264-20-b - this is the EU Gen4 charge port ECU, similar to the NA one except made for the EU Type2 charge port.

None of these are original parts for a NA Model 3 made on 05/19. That would be 1092755-99-D. (or -98- also common).

Of course, if your car is an EU model, it should already have a CCS port! 😄
Yeap, i mean 1537264-30-b, sorry)))

Well--... yeah? You're using a European ECU? 😂

What's its part number? Don't tell me it's 1537264-20-B. 😂

As to those messages, the APP_ one looks like another problem elsewhere in the car. The CP_ one at the bottom is the primary issue (that causes the top DI_ one). Prox pin isn't working right -- and that could be because of the EU ECU (it handles prox differently than the NA ECU does). However, if you're using a 1537264-00-B, I'd be curious... if your Bundle perhaps has the prox wire out of place. It's the lone white wire in the Bundle. Can you take a look at that?

It came from far eastern europe, but is it 1537264-00-B. Quickly yanked it to inspect. You are right! I had the white prox wire out of place by one pin. Moved that, the error is now gone. CCS Enabled and no errors in service mode. Thank you for the assist.

IMG_8186.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: FalconFour

I have zero (and I mean zero) proof, only speculation, however this would definitely not be the first thing that got "taken offline" because of interest / traffic generated by TMC.

If I had to guess, it would be that Harumio ended up ordering too many of these (enough to alert someone at tesla) or someone at tesla saw all this activity or this particular thread and started hunting things down for some reason.

One more time, I have no idea, and am simply speculating like everyone else probably is right now, but with that being said, no business cancels orders and refunds them, unless they know they will not be able to provide the product not only right now, but going forward.

"Something" happened where harmumio believes "we will not be able to get these any longer, lets refund the orders". We are left to speculate "what" that might be.

I'd say keep trying. I
now you've got me all curious as to what in the sam hell y'all talkin bout with that -30- thing? 😂

Maybe that's the CN ECU, for the Hydra port with 2 ports, its own CAN bus, etc etc? Haven't seen it/seen reference to it yet, so if you have deets, they'd be much loved here!
View attachment 829031
Looking through the EPC, -30-b does indeed appear to be for the Chinese market cars

• Informative
this would definitely not be the first thing that got "taken offline" because of interest / traffic generated by TMC.
It's not just here, I have seen articles in the popular motor press that talk about how easy it is to get a Tesla CCS adapter, it's become very common on YouTube (the repository of all human knowledge and misinformation)

• Helpful
Reactions: tps5352
Status
Not open for further replies.